PDA

View Full Version : Vickers Plates are a Go (NOT)

weasel_master
04-09-2007, 07:35 PM
I just saw Pirate posted that he gave the go ahead for a production run of plates. He has pictures on www.projectguns.com

IMBLITZVT
04-10-2007, 07:57 AM
Yeah, I will not be in the first run of these guns. I will wait and see how they go before dumping that much money on a plate!

cetme
04-15-2007, 12:37 AM
who is selling vickers kits anyway?

M1 Tanker
04-15-2007, 12:38 AM
IMA, $895 + shippping.

Big Steve
04-15-2007, 04:54 PM
I saw one of these plates at the creek. Pirate had it there, it looked first class to me. It is very hard to mill a lot of metal off one side of a plate like that (leaving the raised semi portions on one side) and not have it warp like hell. The one he had there was dead nuts flat on the outside. :fing02:
Steve

weasel_master
04-17-2007, 12:43 PM
Well, I just saw Halo is delaying the vickers plate. He's sending off a sample to the atf.

Perro
04-17-2007, 12:50 PM
Well, I just saw Halo is delaying the vickers plate. He's sending off a sample to the atf.

:censored: :censored: :censored:

weasel_master
05-05-2007, 12:42 AM
Plates are back on fellas.

http://1919a4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8380

weasel_master
05-17-2007, 05:49 PM
Did you guys get your plates ordered? I see Halo was only able to make 20 and it doesn't seem like he's too enthused to do another run.

IMBLITZVT
05-17-2007, 07:26 PM
Here is the latest on the vickers plates from Halo

Vickers SA RHSP

Well ... they are done. I pulled out 20 plates from 30 pieces of material. If you received a Purchase Order in the e-mail AND have not mailed it in. Don't bother. Snooze you lose on this deal. All 20 plates are spoken for by people who sent there orders in when they received them a week ago. Any new orders I receive will be sent back to you.

Once the current plates are in the market as built guns, I may revisit the project. For now I am walking away from this one with my tail between my legs. Congratulations to the guys who got them. I will not offer them again for that low price. Losing one plate out of three is just wrong. Considering the time I spent reprogramming to change feeds and speeds as well as angles of attack and cutting directions to keep the plates flat ... quite simply I lost my ass on this deal.

Someone approaches me with a run order of 50 or more plates at a better negotiated price and I'll look at it. For now ... I just don't want to think about Vickers guns for a while...

Paid orders will start shipping middle of next week. Registered plates will take a little longer with the added engrave work.

weasel_master
05-17-2007, 07:28 PM
I called in and paid by CC just to be sure something like this wouldn't happen. I got in under the wire.

IMBLITZVT
05-17-2007, 07:31 PM
Yeah that is kind of sucks. I mean if you are going to come out with all this stuff and get everyone to go get kits... sure sucks to walk away after only 20 plates are made...

No I did not get one... Did you, Mike or Ryan?

I do not understand why he did not make 50 on his first run... He would have sold them...

IMBLITZVT
05-17-2007, 07:32 PM
Guess I should have skipped the tripod and bought the plate... looks like you were smarter then me :)

Sure sucks having $1700 wrapped up in a kit and the only supplier of sideplates drops the production!

weasel_master
05-17-2007, 07:42 PM
For some reason I just had a gut feeling something would happen. I kept in close contact with him trying to make sure I wouldn't get missed. When the PO came out I immediately called so my spot in line wouldn't get sold to someone who was quicker sending out money. The seemed to be plenty of interest so I'm not sure why he didn't make more as well. Waiting for 50 people to make the next set of them is going to take a while I imagine.

mojohona
05-04-2009, 03:49 AM
Any one know if Halo is making plates yet?

avman
05-04-2009, 05:36 AM
I have been checking on these for a while. I was told to check in January, check back in Feb, check back in March, check back in April. I hear they are on his list to do but nothing yet. I have everything but the RSP. Lonnie told to make mine since it is the same at the LSP.
A whole $80 in materials he said. It is sounding this may be the way to go.

weasel_master
05-04-2009, 06:07 AM
Ask for if theirs any tricks to milling the plate. Because they're so thin they have a problem with warping. I ended up selling my kit as Halo stopped making plates because of the whole ATF deal. I got tired of waiting and decided with what I had wrapped up in the kit, I could use that money to build my other kits. I'll regret selling it someday, but I've got a maxim to keep me company.

wonderwolf
05-05-2009, 11:05 AM
Maxim is better company anyways lol