PDA

View Full Version : RPD drum pouch question

icerider
02-23-2009, 09:49 PM
I just got a new unfired, Kovrov arsenal, Vector RPD and a few Russian drum pouches. Inside the pouch on the top flap is a pocket with ties. What is the pocket for? The one on the outside I suppose could hold a bottle of asprin or the RPD cleaning/tool kit if you did not want it in the butt stock.

icerider
02-26-2009, 02:58 PM
:kookaid:Is my question totally stupid, or doesn't anyone actually know what the little pouch inside the flap is for? LOL

okie shooter
02-26-2009, 03:10 PM
I think you maybe right that it is for the cleaning kit, as I think the little pouch on the PSL pouches is for that reason. Just not sure, as all I got for my RPK variant is forty round mags which use just a longer mag pouch than the stardard ak ones.

Also maybe a good place for the oil drum.

KMURPHY
02-26-2009, 04:05 PM
i would like to see this thing

SteelCore
03-02-2009, 03:14 PM
I have the romanian one, with the snaps. it allows you to open the part that feeds into the magwell while keeping the pouch on the drum. Its a pretty nice setup, but it does not have the side pouch that you mention. On my other AK mag pouches, there are small pockets for cleaning kits (oblong, would holt the kinnd of kit that fits in an AK buttstock) and oil bottles (more square in shape, will also hold a 5 round AK mag, I've found)

Jagman
03-02-2009, 06:51 PM
Accessories?

RPD 7.62 x 39 LMG Drum Pouches

Original canvas pouches with 2" belt loops, adjustable shoulder strap and side accessory pouch unless otherwise stated. Used, good to very good condition. Choose from the following. Note: Pouch colors and shoulder strap widths may vary slightly.

icerider
03-14-2009, 12:04 AM
Here is the drum pouch for my RPD. The little pouch my finger is in is the mystery. HELP

okie shooter
03-14-2009, 09:22 AM
Looks like cleaning kit sized for sure, does the butt of the rifle have a place for it, if not I imgaine the kit goes there.

icerider
03-14-2009, 10:06 AM
The cleaning/tool kit of an RPD goes in the butt. It is much too big to fit in that little pouch. Thanks everyone for your input.