PDA

View Full Version : Tucson Rod and Gun Club

jdowney
04-21-2009, 10:17 AM
They are raising funds to build a new non-profit public range near Reddington Pass.

Though I don't usually like public ranges much, finding places to shoot around Tucson has gotten increasingly difficult in the last 10 years, so if they pull this off, I'll definitely try it when visiting.

I used to shoot a lot at the top of Reddington Pass when I was in college, and even then there were problems with safety and litter that have apparently gotten worse. TRGC has also had problems over the years with their range being too close to popular hiking areas and private land where people didn't like all the noise.

I believe this would mean that there was some sort of shooting range near all areas of Tucson (not sure about south side though).

I know there's a couple of our members in the area, anyone know more than I've managed to glean from their website?
http://www.trgc.org/

HKfreak
05-02-2009, 03:25 AM
Unfortunately they have been talking about this for years and it doesn't look like it is going to happen anytime soon. They just don't have the funds plus there are way too many Federal and State hurdles to overcome. Now, I hope I'm wrong but I sincerely doubt it.

Leadandlevers
05-07-2009, 01:40 AM
There are WAY too many regulations in the City of Tucson.

I typically go to the Tucson Rifle Club, which is way out on Ajo just pas 3 points.

It's a bit of a drive, but well worth it. Dues are $50 bucks a year, and they have a 100, 600 and 1000 meter range.

Not a commercial plug, just a satisfied member. Nice people to talk to.