PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Info on Military Gun Supply's RPD receivers..

heavy_weapons_guy
07-07-2009, 03:01 AM
Ok,
I'm starting to feel a little in over my head here... The other day I bought a great looking RPD parts kit from MGS.. Granted I didnt have the money right away, I decided to buy a demilled receiver from Sarco to re-weld into a semi-auto receiver.. BIG MISTAKE... Now I'm planning to get a 100% receiver from MGS to build my RPD on.. What are your thoughts on the MGS 100% receivers? Also, more importantly, what are the mods needed to make a semi-auto RPD?? What internals do I need to modify to turn my full auto RPD kit into a semi-auto belt-fed ??

Thanks in advance... (*btw: Demilled receiver anyone :nonono:????*)

kevin
07-07-2009, 06:15 AM
i sent mine to project guns for them to build on a wiselite receiver, price really isnt bad either 400 for the build plus 700 for US parts and receiver

zeek
08-09-2009, 09:18 PM
i sent mine to project guns for them to build on a wiselite receiver, price really isnt bad either 400 for the build plus 700 for US parts and receiver

so when did they say you will see it again? me and some friends have some kits, just waiting for the recievers to come in. they are ordered from mgs they say they will be in any day,a few months ago.

franks71vw
08-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Yeah I have two at project guns no rush here.....

okie shooter
08-10-2009, 03:14 PM
Does MGS, actually say they are their receivers, or are they just wiselites or some other maker, as they at their location dont seem to have the actual metal fabrication ablity, but I imagine there is plenty of ablity within the area, but why work harder, when there is wiselite jsut down the road(and they do work with together some what)

zeek
08-10-2009, 05:02 PM
i think they are actually coming from wiselite but not really sure.

HILLBILLY
08-29-2010, 07:16 PM
DSA arms makes semi & dummy receivers now