PDA

View Full Version : any UZI owners?

cetme
05-05-2007, 07:12 AM
I may talk myself into getting a semi UZI for my next longgun. I know were theres an IMI SBR that I could get for about $900 or I could get a vector either mini or standard. The only one I ever shot was NFA so how do you folks like your
semi UZI's?

Planning
05-05-2007, 07:28 AM
I may talk myself into getting a semi UZI for my next longgun. I know were theres an IMI SBR that I could get for about $900 or I could get a vector either mini or standard. The only one I ever shot was NFA so how do you folks like your
semi UZI's?
over the years i have owned 10-15 UZI's and each time i don't know why i bought one of them. they are heavy and cost more than i think they are worth, but everyone will have an opinon on them... shoot one a few times before buying one.
i have 2 complete kits somewhere with 2 receivers to build someday.......

amd65
05-05-2007, 08:24 AM
I have a US compliance converted Norinco UZI with folding stock and red dot scope I keep for HD. It shoots great, and is a blast at the range shooting at steel plates. Accurate out to 100 yards. Cheap to shoot, and there are alot of cheap West German mags right now.
Yes, it is heavy, but that translates to rock-solid stability in aimed rapid fire.
Still, my recent M16A1 build has me thinking I should sell it and get a 9mm upper so I can swap back and forth with the 5.56.
For a home defence weapon, the UZI is very short with the stock folded, looks intimidating, and can place pin-point fire out to 50 yards. What's not to like?
Take a look at www.UZItalk.com to learn more about the UZI, and Vector, which sometimes has a spotty record on QC, but is said to have a great warranty.

utahhandyman
05-05-2007, 08:00 PM
I picked up a vector uzi I'm trying to get a sbr on. It currently shoots 9mm but i've got an order with barrelxchange for a 40 cal setup. Its fun to shoot with little or no recoil with 9mm. Its the only 9mm I own so I'm switching it to 40 cal, which I already reload. its fun and cheap like the ak's used to be.:lol3:

amd65
05-05-2007, 08:38 PM
I've scratched the thought of an ar15 9mm upper. After some research, I find that most use modified STEN mags. The STEN mag was never the best SMG mag, and the modified ones are about $55 apiece. I'm sticking with my UZI!
I considered the SBR route, but to me, it is almost a vanity thing. The long 16inch barrel dosn't bother me, plus it adds velocity, particularly with +P+ loads.

gunnysmith
06-29-2007, 07:50 PM
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i221/gunnysmith/uzi12.jpg
I like mine, and yes it is FA, got it many many years ago

wonderwolf
08-31-2007, 05:12 PM
How well do these balance? I'm looking for a semi auto sub gun for possible HD (just in case I'm in a place I'm not in reach of my other 20 HD firearms LOL) I'm looking at either one of these or a Thompson or A MAC 11/10 if I got the 9mm I would do the conversion over to sten mags as I have a dozen of them. I like the idea of getting it as a SBR though makes lots of sense.

gunnysmith
08-31-2007, 05:32 PM
Balance and rate of fire allow one handed shooting on FA

pfdr22
08-31-2007, 09:49 PM
Had a Model B semi that I liked fine. It's heavy but that makes it a pleasure to shoot when you want to play "mad minute."
A good friend of mine had an NFA Uzi, MP 5, and a couple of Mac's in .45 and 9mm.
I thought the sights were great and actually enjoyed playing with it more than the MP5.
I never had any problems with my semi and the full auto one I played with ran like swiss watch.

texgunner
10-19-2007, 03:23 PM
I've owned my Uzi model B about 20 years. It's a great gun. I've put about 3-4 thousand rounds of 9mm through it without a jam yet. Accurate? Oh, hell yes. Within 75 yards or so, it's a sure thing! Recently, I installed an Israeli wood stock and I think it feels better than ever. I doubt you'd be disappointed in buying one.
Gary

AZPhil
10-19-2007, 03:51 PM
I picked up my IMI Model A back in 1984 been loving it ever since.
I can toss out a can and from the hip shoot it out to the 30yard line all day long. My best shot is a beer can at 100yards!!!!!
My wife bought me the Action Arms 22 conversion kit back in 92( she was my girlfriend then. I knew I had to marry this one)
The 22 kit gave me some problems but I got those worked out.In 9mm it's been flawless.
You might want to look at www.uzitalk.net some time
really good people there:thumbup:

K.O.A.M.
10-19-2007, 08:16 PM
I have a Vector Mini that I SBR'd. It shoots fine, feeds WWB without a problem and is actually really handy in "active shooter" drills. Of course, by the time I got it out of the safe, everything would probably be over.