PDA

View Full Version : Cetme broken firing pin.

markmrk0
07-04-2010, 09:25 PM
Took my Cetme to the range yesterday. Fired the first round, all others were on auto fire. Stopped firing and put it in the bag. Took it apart and the firing pin was broken. Ever happen to anyone else/ what to fix it.

drine
07-04-2010, 09:32 PM
That's not too common. But firing pins do break. Where did it break exactly?
FIX:Get a G3 firing pin with spring to replace it. More robustly made and easier to get.
EDIT:
After telling you the fix, I think you need to make sure something didn't cause it.

M1 Tanker
07-05-2010, 03:50 PM
robertrtg.com has G3 firing pins and springs.

Perro Del Diablo
07-05-2010, 10:05 PM
Hey Mark,

it was nice to meet you at the gunshow.

i checked my inventory and i have plenty of new unused flash hiders, firing pins, firing pin springs, and bolt locking lever springs should you still need them. I sent you email this morning with pricing and how to meet up with me should you decide you need the stuff.

Best

Mike

SA80Dan
07-05-2010, 10:13 PM
Took my Cetme to the range yesterday. Fired the first round, all others were on auto fire. Stopped firing and put it in the bag. Took it apart and the firing pin was broken. Ever happen to anyone else/ what to fix it.

Do you mean it broke physically? Or that you pulled the trigger and it let off a string on full auto? If its the latter, I had the same problem - best to get a lighter G3 firing pin and (much) stronger G3 firing pin spring; unless you have some other problem with the sear or sear spring, that will solve your troubles.

markmrk0
07-06-2010, 03:57 AM
Got your e-mail and I will be giving you a call.

markmrk0
07-06-2010, 04:01 AM
I did order a new G3 pin and spring. I believe the bolt locking spring does not have enough tension to hold the bolt tight. I know this because I filed it down a bit. I ordered a new one of these as well.