PDA

View Full Version : WTK: Value of an MG34 kit?

Noskov
07-05-2010, 04:38 PM
A buddy of mine has an all matching 1944 marked MG34 kit built on a dummy receiver.

Whats the general value of these? We've been considering trying to build a semi-auto version using a semi receiver or he's planning on selling it for something already built.

M1 Tanker
07-05-2010, 07:50 PM
I bought my almost all matching kit for about $650 4 years ago. Since that time, they have gone up quite a bit. I haven't seen a complete kit in a while. People demand a higher price for kits with receiver pieces. If the kit is complete, minus the receiver pieces, I would say $800 - $1000.

Noskov
07-06-2010, 04:51 AM
I bought my almost all matching kit for about $650 4 years ago. Since that time, they have gone up quite a bit. I haven't seen a complete kit in a while. People demand a higher price for kits with receiver pieces. If the kit is complete, minus the receiver pieces, I would say $800 - $1000.

Thanks Tanker, I'll let him know and see what he wants to do with the kit.

Noskov
09-20-2010, 02:12 AM
Well kind of a necro-thread bump but my buddy with the MG34 kit is considering selling it.

I can take pics and have them up maybe this weekend if anyone's interested. He's never sold online before so helping him through this one as well but no FFL would be required since it's assembled on a dummy receiver.

Price will be posted with pics.

M1 Tanker
09-20-2010, 03:07 AM
Post pics, I could use some spare parts.

ssg23inf
09-20-2010, 03:14 AM
Hmm....any chances that he would be interested in any trades?

Noskov
09-20-2010, 03:51 AM
I'll ask if he wants anything to trade, we were going to try a semi build but neither of us can afford a semi-receiver at the moment.

As for the pics, any specific areas to be taken? I'll try to get pics of the numbers, stamped markings, feed tray, barrel etc as well as any dings/dents.

Noskov
09-25-2010, 12:30 AM
Sorry for the delay but no pics as of yet. Had an early meeting at work and didn't get a chance to meet with my buddy to take pics of the MG34.

Hopefully I'll get some pics tomorrow.

Noskov
11-16-2010, 12:31 AM
Sorry for the late reply on this, it's been a hectic couple months over here but here are some pics.

Well I did find one mistake in my friend's listing. The kit IS NOT matching, I checked all the numbers and it's all pretty much a mix.

Lalvis
11-16-2010, 10:05 AM
Very sweet lady there! Should have a job in the movies.:America:

Outdoordave
11-16-2010, 02:00 PM
Just out of curiosity do you know who made the dummy receiver? Is it steel or aluminum? Has your bud come up with a price?

Noskov
11-16-2010, 02:45 PM
Just out of curiosity do you know who made the dummy receiver? Is it steel or aluminum? Has your bud come up with a price?

I'm not sure if it's steel or aluminum. Price wise its up in the air because its not an all matching kit so it's basically dependent on what to do with it.

Rocky
11-16-2010, 06:03 PM
The top cover does not seem to fit correctly, nice kit though

Rocky :rockon:

Noskov
11-16-2010, 06:27 PM
The top cover does not seem to fit correctly, nice kit though

Rocky :rockon:

Oh it fits, I just forgot to lock it back down when I took the picture. I was inspecting the inside and feed tray.

Noskov
11-28-2010, 05:49 PM
So my buddy is thinking $1,100 shipped. Too much? We noticed there are a couple dummy MG34's on gunbroker in the $2,200+ area so it's priced at half the cost.

zeek
11-28-2010, 11:54 PM
hey noskov,.
you should consider building that thing,looks like a nice kit. all you need is one of those 2 cut recievers from IMA for $275 and the semi auto parts from TNW for $180 and your set. the ima recievers are the only ones out there worth messing with. probably one of the easiest semi mg builds going.

zeek

Noskov
12-03-2010, 03:29 AM
hey noskov,.
you should consider building that thing,looks like a nice kit. all you need is one of those 2 cut recievers from IMA for $275 and the semi auto parts from TNW for $180 and your set. the ima recievers are the only ones out there worth messing with. probably one of the easiest semi mg builds going.

zeek

I checked IMA and couldn't find it. Guess they're out.

zeek
12-03-2010, 08:24 PM
get the one on the right.

http://www.ima-usa.com/nation/german-militaria/german-machine-guns/mg-34/mg-34-reciever-assembly.html

zeek

Rocky
12-03-2010, 11:34 PM
Weld one back together? would that be legal? in any configuration, unless you are a manufacturer, and stamp legal serial numbers in it when you are done remanufacturering it, :nonono: BATF.com

Noskov
12-04-2010, 02:51 AM
Weld one back together? would that be legal? in any configuration, unless you are a manufacturer, and stamp legal serial numbers in it when you are done remanufacturering it, :nonono: BATF.com

That's what I was wondering.

Perro Del Diablo
12-04-2010, 11:46 AM

there is a semi auto mg34 made by TNW

i'm certan what he means is to reweld and rebuild that receiver in a semi auto only configuration with whatever semi auto mods were done to the receiver in the semi auto only version.
typically they put a blocking bar inside of the receiver to not allow full auto bolts into the receiver, but im not certain how TNW did there conversion.

zeek
12-04-2010, 07:14 PM
hey rocky, you ever built a ak for your self at your house? well this is kinda the same thing except there is actually some skill involved. :icon_biggrin:
you can reweld any reciever you want as long as when its finished you cant put full auto parts back into it or be easily converted to do so. as long as your building it (or any other gun for that matter) for your self and not with immediate intentions of selling it,it's perfectly legal. there are plenty of tutorials out there on the mg34 and it actually a pretty easy build. as far as the serial#s go the reciever stub already has one on the end of i
noskov,
not trying to jack your thread into a batf debate, but ,yes it is legal to build in semi auto form.

zeek

Outdoordave
12-14-2010, 09:30 AM
Noskov - if the barrel is nice - shootable and you'll take a few payments I can do this. Let me know what you think.

Outdoordave
04-08-2011, 08:51 AM
Bump to top