PDA

View Full Version : Missing CAI Cetme US Buttstock part

Sky_DiveR
07-11-2010, 06:54 PM
Does anybody know where I may be able to find the part that goes inside a plastic CAI US buttstock that the buttplate screws to? I've lost mine and can't find anybody that sells that part separately from the stock. Am I stuck having to buy a whole new buttstock?

Thanks for looking.

Buddymack
07-12-2010, 04:13 AM
I have mine in a box somewhere after talking with a few folks I decided it was pretty much trash, the Century buttstock is built not only like a toy but like a cheap toy...I would suggest RTG or Bravo or Gunbroker or Cheaper than dirt and get an H&K or wood kit like I have.
I just like to know when I am shooting something anywhere near the 30-06 class of bullet I have some reinforcement between me and the round

yellowhand
07-17-2010, 03:22 AM
Centerfire systems has wood HK 91 stocks complete for 12.95 along with handguard wood for 9.95. Ordered a couple of sets and they are nearly new condition and look great on CETME...

Otis61
07-17-2010, 04:36 PM
Centerfire systems has wood HK 91 stocks complete for 12.95 along with handguard wood for 9.95. Ordered a couple of sets and they are nearly new condition and look great on CETME...

If you did this, I'm sure you know that, you probably need to add one more U.S. part for compliance.

Sky_DiveR
07-23-2010, 01:22 PM
If you did this, I'm sure you know that, you probably need to add one more U.S. part for compliance.

Yes, I understand this. The reason I'm looking for the piece is so I do not have to replace/add a US part. I cannot find anybody that has or can get parts for a Century buttstock.... including Century. At least, I assume that since they don't answer my email (such outstanding customer service!). It seems like I'm left with no choice but to purchase a surplus stock and replace/add a US part someplace.

Thanks for all that looked and provided input.

Buddymack
07-23-2010, 01:33 PM
Yes, I understand this. The reason I'm looking for the piece is so I do not have to replace/add a US part. I cannot find anybody that has or can get parts for a Century buttstock.... including Century. At least, I assume that since they don't answer my email (such outstanding customer service!). It seems like I'm left with no choice but to purchase a surplus stock and replace/add a US part someplace.

Thanks for all that looked and provided input.
I can give a link to the guy I purchased mine off of on GunBroker, when you order those they are new the wood is in great shape I am sure its U.S. it doesn't state it either way and the Buttplate is Tapco...if you look at my picture Album you will see the result..
I have a Thread Die on the way to my house so I can make us all bolts that hold the stock to the Buffer..
I am going to do it at cost for the members of here and the other site WG.

Hickok
10-31-2010, 06:13 AM
Does anybody know where I may be able to find the part that goes inside a plastic CAI US buttstock that the buttplate screws to? I've lost mine and can't find anybody that sells that part separately from the stock. Am I stuck having to buy a whole new buttstock?

Thanks for looking.I know this post is a couple months old, but did you ever find the part you were looking for?