PDA

View Full Version : A little help with Cetem/G3 build, please

dogsoldier
09-11-2010, 05:08 PM
After a layoff working on this due to work, I finally got back to my FrankinCetme or Mutant G3. I kinda of hit a wall. This may sound really stupid to you experienced builders. The flat bend and weld went without a problem. The receiver is nice and straight. However, the bleeding thing looks to be too long for either a G3 or Cetme butt stock (tried both). It looks like, via the pin holes, that I need to trim 1/4 inch off the back of the receiver. Does this sound right or am I missing something? I have read somewhere hat the flats need to be trimmed, but if my memory serves me correctly, this was 1/16 or 1/8". A quarter is a lot. Yes, I am being a nervous nelly anal perfectionist with this.

automick
09-11-2010, 06:46 PM
I had to trim mine quite a bit....Do a little at a time till the holes line up.
Make sure you have clearance around the buffer....or take the buffer out to be sure.
atb...auto.

21HK
09-11-2010, 07:15 PM
You do have to trim some off of the back and also where your lower fits.
How much are the push pin holes off? ......that's about how much you should trim off the back. I would start at about half that and work up slowly until your pins line up.
These measurements are going to vary from different kits and could also vary in the flats.

Here is a photo of what I had to cut off an ORF flat for my butt stock to fit.
...again this is just for reference and yours may vary.

holescreek
09-11-2010, 08:04 PM
All of my builds get cut to the line shown above. Great pic.

jbruney
09-11-2010, 08:07 PM
Ditto on all of mine too.

dogsoldier
09-11-2010, 11:16 PM
Yep, I have a ORF flat. And I knew it was going to be something stupidly easy.

Thanks. :thx: