PDA

View Full Version : cetme barrel?

BIG 54R
11-12-2010, 04:37 PM
I have looked for a cetme barrel and found a cpl but would like to know which is a good US cetme barrel to do a build with if I can't find a Spanish one?

jbruney
11-12-2010, 06:54 PM
There was someone I noted posting here in the last week or so about their good luck with a bravo 5.
I looked and waited a year to find the Spanish one I just installed at a fair price. They are out there, but it seems far and few between.
Knowing your location avoid Woody's because it is a long roll down the ramp when you are over served at the bar....Heh heh heh.

HKILLER
11-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Looking for a us made for parts count 54r?

The Great 308
11-12-2010, 08:18 PM
I have heard very good things about the barrels and other HK parts built by Rim Country Manufacturing. There are several builders on HK Pro that use their products. Ghillie bear says the barrels are better than the original barrels. The barrels are cut to original HK profile. I have not personally bought any parts from them yet but I will probably get one of their 93 barrels to replace the one on my C93.

http://rimcountrymfg.com/guns.htm#guns

BIG 54R
11-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Looking for a us made for parts count 54r?

naww killa I was just looking for a barrel to put up for when I decide to build up my cetme kit next year...

I also wanna get a cetme bolt and carrier.

Basically I wanna build a cetme with zero problems!

my main concern will be bending and welding up the flat.

killa that begs a good question: What 922r parts are you builders using for your cetme kit builds?

Otis61
11-12-2010, 11:25 PM
killa that begs a good question: What 922r parts are you builders using for your cetme kit builds?

Receiver- from where ever
trigger hammer sear- from turbothis
pistolgrip- from HK parts.net or other
cocking handle- from black market parts
barrel or flash hider- from ?

turbothis
11-13-2010, 02:06 AM
"trigger hammer sear- from turbothis"

cages too^

Otis61
11-13-2010, 08:01 AM
Yes!!! Cages too.:thumbup:

Planning
11-13-2010, 08:12 AM
Receiver- from where ever
trigger hammer sear- from turbothis
pistolgrip- from HK parts.net or other
cocking handle- from black market parts
barrel or flash hider- from ?

flash hider from SSWEE. his are great.
pistol grip; JDowney
ron

Otis61
11-13-2010, 07:34 PM
Yes your right. Sswee's flash hiders are great. I got one and the quality is very good.

And I heard JDowneys grips are great. I don't have one yet, but I did order one.

cbear
11-15-2010, 03:53 AM
Ghillie bear says the barrels are better than the original barrels.

Better how? I doubt they are hammer forged like the originals.

The Great 308
11-15-2010, 09:52 AM
Better how? I doubt they are hammer forged like the originals.

As far as I know you are correct I think that the current RCM barrels are not hammer forged. However, I have seen posts on HKpro from RCM stating that very soon all of their barrels will be hammer forged. If you call or e-mail them you could find out for sure.

As far as the current production barrels being better than the originals I am not sure but I believe this statement was in reference to the advances in metallurgy and barrel making in the last few decades. I would think that they would be better than a used barrel.

I would like to stress that I have not yet purchased any RCM products but there are many builders on HKpro that have and all of the feedback that I have read has been very positive. If you would like to read some first hand accounts of the quality of RCM products you might want to do a search on HKpro.

I just found the following quote from 75bronco who either works for or owns Rim Country Manufacturing dated 10/06/10:

Question:

I thought Bronco said RCM was making CHF'd barrels now?

Answer:

We are. I have CHF G3 blanks. Will be finishing the 9mm barrels first then moving on to the 5.56 then the 7.62. All CHF

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?126452-G3-91-build...flute-count-and-Apex-vs-RIM-Country-Barrels/page2&highlight=Rim+country+manufactoring (http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?126452-G3-91-build...flute-count-and-Apex-vs-RIM-Country-Barrels/page2&highlight=Rim+country+manufactoring)

oldpaint0
11-22-2010, 08:31 PM
I have 2 new in the white Santa Barbara barrels. I will part with one of them. I also have some bolts and carriers and a rare CETME C bipod. I sent you a PM.

holescreek
11-22-2010, 09:07 PM
What's a cetme C bipod look like? I may be interested in something like that if the cool factor is high enough.

BIG 54R
11-22-2010, 09:27 PM
oldpaint you got a pm.

The Great 308
11-22-2010, 10:02 PM
What's a cetme C bipod look like? I may be interested in something like that if the cool factor is high enough.

If holescreek passes on the bipod I am interested oldpaint. :icon_biggrin:

oldpaint0
11-23-2010, 07:44 PM

It is a CETME modelo C light bipod. Nothing fancy, just rare.

BIG 54R
12-25-2010, 03:35 PM
well I guess I am in the market for 922r parts for a cetme build know!

scared of the flat bend so I might have to get a 100% recvr from hkparts...aawww!!! (1 part)

fcg-tt (hammer,trigger,sear)3
ch-? (blk market parts?)1
pg-hkparts 1
fh-already got (tapco) 1

whadda you guy's think...am I/would I be covered?
seems like 7 922r parts to me.

know to start saving!

oldpaint0
12-25-2010, 04:18 PM
You can look up Scorpion Arms, they have a 4 piece fcg for 179.00. It is a G3 but G3 is a whole lot smoother than the CETME. If you do go with a CETME fcg get Turbo's adjustable trigger. I have 2 with Turbo's trigger and they are very good. I just like the pull of the G3's fcg better. Just my opinion.