PDA

View Full Version : Will a G3 butt fit a C93 "HK93" clone?

nfafan
01-18-2011, 11:23 PM
I'm thinking that if the recoil rod is removed, it should/would fit up to the 1st pin-hole. Is this correct?

Reason I ask is that "HK91" tele-stocks are easier to find than "HK93" telestocks...

SLiP
01-20-2011, 12:37 PM
And a helluva lot cheaper! I'm interested in the answer as well.

I do know that the two-hole butt plate would have to be modified/cut down to a single hole version. Not a bit deal, really. Someone posted a pic in a recent thread regarding this - was it smokehouse or blade?

I have yet to receive my C93 - should arrive probably Monday and can meet my ffl for it. I have ordered wood stock sets from RTG (for both the 91 & 93) along with an HK 93 metal butt plate to fit the wood buttstock to it. Honestly, I really do not like the look of the all plastic buttstock that wraps over the receiver on the 93. I'm going to have to get creative to modify the wood forearm to be shortened to fit the C93, but I'm sure I'll figure out a decent way to do it.

Looking forward to having both guns in beautiful wood trim!

19Charlie_84
01-20-2011, 01:44 PM
I just test fit my 91 full stock on my C93; Not so much. The first hole in the stock lined up with the hole in the hole in the receiver, the metal piece on the stock didnt fit exacly over the receiver on the top, it did fit the bottom OK though. With some minor fitting it might work better. I did not take the recoil rod/spring off either so it might fit better with out it.

drine
01-20-2011, 02:05 PM
Wow! I don't know either but you would think that we might have gone over this before. New frontier! nfafan,you might have to take the lead and let us know.:America:

Planning
01-20-2011, 02:20 PM
I just test fit my 91 full stock on my C93; Not so much. The first hole in the stock lined up with the hole in the hole in the receiver, the metal piece on the stock didnt fit exacly over the receiver on the top, it did fit the bottom OK though. With some minor fitting it might work better. I did not take the recoil rod/spring off either so it might fit better with out it.

19 charlie are you back?

ron

jfowl31
01-20-2011, 02:29 PM
I'm fairly certain it wouldn't work.

It might fit, but just because it fits doesn't mean it works. The stock absorbs all the recoil in the buffer, and if its not fastened just right and the way it was engineered to do so, you'll end up damaging the rifle or the stock at the least. Probably crack a weld here or there because you are transferring stress to something that shouldn't have stress transferred to it.

I don't have a 93 in front of me, but I would bet it can't/shouldn't be done or someone would have done it loooooooooooooong ago.

19Charlie_84
01-20-2011, 04:17 PM
Ron, Im on my two week R&R.

Jfowl is right on that note, the stock designs are different. If you remove the recoil rod on the 91 stock and use a 93 bolt carrier that has an attached recoil rod wont be long enough to reach the plate inside the stock and probably would cause damage.

SLiP
01-20-2011, 05:08 PM
Can do, fellas. Here is the thread:

http://www.militaryfirearm.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=19002

It has to be cut down as in the pictures, but will fit. If it does not, it may need a little "tweaking" to fit over the receiver. I went ahead and bought the one from RTG for $29, but if memory serves me, I think I saw someone post that those ones from RTG have been cut and are not factory. I can't confirm that and have not received my order yet from RTG.

SLiP
01-20-2011, 05:10 PM
I'm also under the impression that the recoil buffers are the same on both the 91 and the 93. Anybody know differently?

The Great 308
01-20-2011, 05:31 PM
If you were to remove the recoil rod and cut the first hole off of the back plate of the G3 collapsable stock it should work. The 93 recoil rod would reach the back plate just fine.

I can only think of two problems with doing this and it might be ok I am just not sure.

1) The C93 is made from a Maylaysian parts kit and has a buffered bolt carrier. The colapsable stock also has a buffer. I have heard conflicting things about using double buffers some say it is ok some say it is not. I have read that some people claim that double buffers can cause roller marks on the reciever.

I have a 93 steel butstock plate for an A2 stock that was made by cutting down a G3 buttstock plate. It was done by ghilliebear on HKpro. People do this mod all the time as Smokehouse posted in the other thread.

I asked ghillie about using the stock buffer and the carrier buffer he said he was not sure if it would cause damage but recomended that I remove either the carrier buffer or the stock buffer to make sure. What I did was remove the internals of the G3 recoil buffer. I then assembled the stock as normal so I would still have the large bolt that goes into the back of the buffer housing supporting the stock.

2) I am not sure if the rails on the G3 collapsable stock are the same length as the ones on the 93 stock. The rails may be longer in which case the stock would work but would not close all the way unless you cut the rails down. I know the rails on the MP5 stock are shorter than the 93 rails.

This is a great question and I have been thinking about trying it myself. Does someone have a 93 A3 stock? If so could you measure the length of the rails and post it?

Thanks in advance.

The Great 308
01-20-2011, 05:33 PM
I'm also under the impression that the recoil buffers are the same on both the 91 and the 93. Anybody know differently?

The butt stock buffers are the same. However Hk's that were made with a buffered carrier did not have buffers in the stock.

The Great 308
01-20-2011, 05:36 PM
Can do, fellas. Here is the thread:

http://www.militaryfirearm.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=19002

It has to be cut down as in the pictures, but will fit. If it does not, it may need a little "tweaking" to fit over the receiver. I went ahead and bought the one from RTG for $29, but if memory serves me, I think I saw someone post that those ones from RTG have been cut and are not factory. I can't confirm that and have not received my order yet from RTG.

Yes the ones at RTG are made by ghilliebear from HKpro by cutting down G3 backplates. As far as I can tell they look the same as the factory ones.

jfowl31
01-20-2011, 06:58 PM
There ya go... I did that on my GSG22, but it sure seems like it wouldn't be a tight enough fit to trust.

The Great 308
01-20-2011, 10:08 PM
There ya go... I did that on my GSG22, but it sure seems like it wouldn't be a tight enough fit to trust.

With my A2 stock the modified metal buttcap fits nice and tight on my C93, but I am waiting to find out if the rails are the same length between the G3 and 93 A3 stocks before I cut anything.

The Great 308
01-22-2011, 05:25 PM
I asked on HKpro about the rail length of the HK93 retractable stock. I will post the reply below. The bottom line is if you want to modify the G3 stock to work you will have to cut the rails down inorder for it to close all the way.

The rails are shorter. Trim the 91 housing to one hole and contour it to whatever you like. Measure the rail from the unwelded back end top and mark it at the 10 and 1/4 inch mark. That's your over all length. You could add additional length of pull notches to get whatever extended length of pull you care for. I don't have a collapsable for my G-3 but do have one on the Vollmer 51. However, it looks eerily similar to the one on my 53, only 1/4 inch longer. There is still and inch or so of unused rail area available on the receiver so I'm wondering if Vollmer used something else on their 51s

nfafan
01-24-2011, 12:21 PM
Thanks all for the replies!

jmcdade03
02-01-2011, 06:42 PM
I just got finished putting a wood G3 stock on my rifle. However I will not shoot it until I get the buffer question answered.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e72/JMcDade03/DSCN0072.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e72/JMcDade03/DSCN0075.jpg

Smokehouse69
02-05-2011, 07:00 PM
The C93 has a buffer built into the bolt carrier. You don't need a buffer in the back of the stock. To fill the hole you can use a regular HK buffer with the guts removed or just a little block of rubber or thick plastic glued inside the metal part of the stock, like the HK93 stock has.

The Great 308
01-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Here is a link to a thread posted on weaponsguild by DEF23 on how to convert a G3 collapsable stock to fit a 93 clone!! :084:

http://www.weaponsguild.com/forum/index.php?topic=20584.msg277465#msg277465