PDA

View Full Version : Houston

nalioth
03-07-2007, 06:43 PM
Hi!
I'm Nalioth and I live in the Houston area. I look forward to build parties at LostInTexas' house. :eek:

Edited: Did i post in the wrong place?

LostInTexas
03-07-2007, 08:34 PM
Ha! The next builds at the same place the last one was, your place!

BTW - Houston as well...

BIG 54R
03-08-2007, 11:26 PM
Galveston close enuff!??:coolgun: :cool12: I need to learn more about my cetme's so i'd be down for any build parties even tho i'm not building one! Just wanna learn some of the old cetmerifles.com tricks of tha trade on making them better.

nalioth
03-08-2007, 11:38 PM
.... we don't build Cetme's at the parties, just :ak:

Longhorn789
03-09-2007, 12:30 AM
.... we don't build Cetme's at the parties, just :ak:

What are you an AK snob??!?!??!

Let the poor Galveston boy drink the Kool-Aid at your party Nalioth!!!:party0045:

BIG 54R
03-09-2007, 08:34 PM
well I have an ak build or 2 that I wanna do but don't have the tools yet so I would be down just gotta get the rest of my 922r parts...am I in...am I in ..am I aaagghh tell me i'm in...:machinegun: :tanker:

nalioth
03-09-2007, 08:45 PM
Just shoot me a PM when you are ready to build, I've got all the tools needed to build from a manufactured [NodakSpud, OOW, Ewbanks] receiver.

LostInTexas
03-09-2007, 09:11 PM
Maybe nalioth needs to set something up... *hint* *hint*

zedsdead
03-09-2007, 09:39 PM
I'd be up for a build party

Smokehouse69
03-11-2007, 08:33 PM
I'm about a hundred miles south of you Houston guys in Victoria.

Trueno
06-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Beaumont here. I attended the AK build party between 610 and Tomball...ONLY one to finish an AK on Saturday (what did I win?)

:airtight:

t

nalioth
06-05-2007, 08:38 PM
Beaumont here. I attended the AK build party between 610 and Tomball...ONLY one to finish an AK on Saturday (what did I win?)

:airtight:

t
Was that that AKforum build party last month?

Trueno
06-05-2007, 08:59 PM
Yep, that was the one.

The pic attached shows the AMD-65 that I built, also piddled around and changed the handguards on the underfolder from black plastic to wood (built it at the shop).

Ya shoulda seen the chicks holdin' the yard sale across the street, no idea how we got anything done :party0045:

t

nalioth
06-05-2007, 09:08 PM
Looks like you got rhythm....

Trueno
06-06-2007, 06:13 PM
Looks like you got rhythm....

ha ha ha

Hopin' to start on this one soon. Scored a MAK-90 kit and happened to ask the seller if he had any other parts layin' around, he said "sure do"...

http://i6.tinypic.com/5ycy8h0.jpg

t

nalioth
06-06-2007, 06:22 PM
ha ha ha

Hopin' to start on this one soon. Scored a MAK-90 kit and happened to ask the seller if he had any other parts layin' around, he said "sure do"...

http://i6.tinypic.com/5ycy8h0.jpg

t If it was Cap'n Ron you got that mak90 kit from, you're lucky you got out of his place w/o becoming indentured . . .

Trueno
06-09-2007, 09:48 AM
If it was Cap'n Ron you got that mak90 kit from, you're lucky you got out of his place w/o becoming indentured . . .

LOL!

Naw, they both came from the Midland/Odessa area, hopin' the seller comes up with more that he'll turn loose of :thumbup:

t

Aladinbama
07-09-2007, 06:40 PM
Pearland is REALLY close to Houston - Can I come, oh please, please, please.
Ok, back to earth here, I don't currently have a kit to put together, but if the build parties are interesting enough I would definitely be willing to purchase one (providing I get a REAL job soon), am I invited? Tom

Trueno
07-09-2007, 07:58 PM
Ok, back to earth here, I don't currently have a kit to put together, but if the build parties are interesting enough I would definitely be willing to purchase one (providing I get a REAL job soon), am I invited? Tom

Glad to have ya in our great state, still interested in a build party? We have one scheduled for August 11th on the NW side of Houston. Don't have to have a kit, just show up, you're guaranteed a good time and a fantastic learning experience with some great folks. The majority are gonna be AK builders but a few AR builders are also attending. Me, I have a few G3/CETME builds in the works and plan to show them off as well as get some AK work done.

here's a link to one of the current threads:

Houston AK build party (http://www.akforum.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=29288)

How about it?

t

ps: anyone wanna suggest what forum to post about this in?

nalioth
07-09-2007, 08:32 PM
ps: anyone wanna suggest what forum to post about this in? Looks like you've already decided :D

Trueno
07-09-2007, 08:45 PM
Looks like you've already decided :D

You just keep on grinnin' and gigglin', we're gonna (what's) figure (your) out a way (boss's) to make (phone) sure you (number) show up.

:party0045:

t

zeropistons
07-28-2007, 09:07 PM
Hi, I live in Baytown and I think it'd be great to make it out to one of the build parties. I won't be able to make the one in August, do you have any others coming up?

nalioth
07-28-2007, 09:52 PM
Hi, I live in Baytown and I think it'd be great to make it out to one of the build parties. I won't be able to make the one in August, do you have any others coming up?
The one Trueno links to above, is happening in the first part of August, if you're interested.

musibike
04-16-2008, 05:50 PM
I am new to this forum and live in the Houston, Texas area.

Interested in building projects and learning.

MUSIBIKE

hunter_la5
04-16-2008, 06:08 PM
I am new to this forum and live in the Houston, Texas area.

Interested in building projects and learning.

MUSIBIKE

:welcome: to the forums!

musibike
12-19-2008, 05:28 PM
Anyone up for doing MG-32 Semi builds next year? I have kits and a TNW receiver. Just have not gotten around to begining the project yet.

Would be interesting to do more than one of these at the same time.

Like when I did 1919 builds with several folks.

Patria Povo
12-19-2008, 05:40 PM
My fiance and I are still figuring out where we are going to be living, but Houston seems to be winning. If so, I'd be very interested in doing an L1A1 or even a retro M16A1 build ..... if someone was will to teach a newb in exchange for beer and laughs.

RandyCOG3
12-19-2008, 07:42 PM
Pearland is REALLY close to Houston - Tom

Hey, Tom, I'm in FL.... but if you're in Pearland, and know a guy named Bill, (Chocolate Bayou Rd) who lives just around the corner from his brother Jerry, in Manvel (probably 1/4 mile apart), them's my brothers!

RandyCOG3

RandyCOG3
12-19-2008, 07:47 PM
Hi, I live in Baytown

Not to hijack the thread, but one of my late uncles lived on Bayway Drive in Baytown, when I was but a child, in the 60's.
Right on the water. I was pretty small and stupid, younger than all my brothers, and probably a pain in their ass, so they'd sit me down (remember, this is near Houston, i.e. NASA, in the SIXTIES) close enough to the water to see and not be in danger, and tell me to wait for the rocket ship to go up.... As it turns out, the San Jacinto Monument never did launch...<hallowed ground to all Texans>...

RandyCOG3

flemgunner
12-19-2008, 09:21 PM
I live about 3 hrs out off houston and Im working an MG34 now. Id love to get in on a build for em

Patria Povo
04-03-2009, 01:37 PM
Moving to Houston on Wednesday (saying a sad farewell to Elgin, TX) and just found out that we have a range and gunshop around the corner - Memorial Range. :icon_biggrin:

RandyCOG3
04-03-2009, 07:53 PM

Sadly, I'm in FL, so, I can't answer your question. Haven't been in TX in 5 years. But, I can tell you this: Drive down Old Chocolate Bayou Road, slow down and stop for the stop sign to turn left towards the little convenience store in Manvel, drive that way, and... (you were in Pearland when you hit the brakes for the stop sign), within the last 90 seconds, you passed 2 of my brothers' houses. Once you turned left, you pretty quickly were, at least technically, in Manvel. One lives in Pearland, one in Manvel... maybe 600 yards apart as the crow flies. Rumor has it that the gal that lives on the right-hand corner of that intersection, as per the driving instructions I gave, likes to mow her yard in her bikini, and numerous collisions have resulted. I've never seen her, but I think that's probably true, or was 5 years ago, she could have moved or gotten past the bikini age.

RandyCOG3

Nazgul
04-03-2009, 08:55 PM
Moving to Houston on Wednesday (saying a sad farewell to Elgin, TX) and just found out that we have a range and gunshop around the corner - Memorial Range. :icon_biggrin:

Houston?! Are you nuts? Hurricanes, Katrina victims, The Texans, I should stop.

The Chinese food is awesome if you know where to go. Gulf fishing is fun too! Good luck with the J.O.B.

Patria Povo
04-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Houston?! Are you nuts? Hurricanes, Katrina victims, The Texans, I should stop.

The Chinese food is awesome if you know where to go. Gulf fishing is fun too! Good luck with the J.O.B.

Cheers, mate!

Half my in-laws in Houston are Vietnamese, so there will be no shortage of good food!

I'll try to get down to the coast, but those bloody monster freeways still freak the hell out of me!

So, all the more reason for you to come down here so I can shout you a beer or twelve! :thumbup: