PDA

View Full Version : Trip to San Antonio

kagans
03-07-2012, 08:09 PM
Me and My fiancee have decided to go to San Antonio next Christmas/New Years holidays. I have been a couple of times bit I don't know of any good restaurants by the river walk and downtown. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for places to go. I am planning on taking her to see the Alamo, she is from NYC, and other important locations in the area. Thanks in advanced for any recommendations.

jfowl31
03-07-2012, 08:22 PM
Josephine St Restaurant

kagans
03-07-2012, 09:01 PM
Thank you for the recommendation, I will put it on the list of places to go.

jfowl31
03-07-2012, 09:21 PM
Its delicious hone cooking. You wont be disappointed. There's a Burger joint that I plan on visiting that was one Man vs Food. Can't think of the name right bow though

HKILLER
03-07-2012, 09:49 PM
what kinda food do u like?

gtty
03-07-2012, 11:28 PM
We like Rita's on the river. The food is Ok, but the BIG margaritas will have you feeling good quick. Dicks on the river is good for a good rude(all in fun) meal. The rudeness is part of the charm. I would stay away from the Stone Cactus. Poor service.

SSwee
03-07-2012, 11:31 PM
The Alamo or what is left of it is a go to for its significance. There are other missions in the area that have much more to see.
SS

akarfal
03-08-2012, 06:40 AM
Lots of good food and the river walk is great.

kagans
03-08-2012, 09:07 AM
I like all sorts of foods and open for new adventures. Dicks sounds interesting, never heard of a place with "rude" service. Thanks again guys for the recommendations!

Nazgul
03-08-2012, 10:00 AM
Hi Kagans - Dick's isn't to bad, my sister use to be a manager there. You might try one of these (or all of them!)

**None of these are on the river walk except maybe the Tower**
Pappasitos - Great food and service.
Tios Mexican Restaurant - Great food!!! and not as commercialized look/feel as Pappasitos
http://www.toweroftheamericas.com - I eat here for prom back in the day. Food is ok, only restaurant where you get to see the WHOLE city while you eat!
http://www.brackenstore.com/ - If you want a great burger and a trip back in time. Make sure to use your GPS to find it since it's in Bracken just outside loop 1604.
Mi Tierra Cafe - More traditional Mexican food - not Tex-Mex. A favorite of Tommy Lee Jones and Faith Hill.

Patria Povo
03-08-2012, 11:04 AM
^

I'm gonna have to check-out Tios & Mi Tierra next trio to SA! Thanks for the top, Nazgul!!

kagans
03-09-2012, 08:08 AM
Awesome, now I hope we have enough time to go to all these places!