PDA

View Full Version : Started my Vickers today

Pirate
07-04-2007, 02:54 PM
I finally got around to getting started on my vickers today. I drilled some holes and assembled the receiver. I discovered that the changes in the denial island on the bottom is causing my action arm to bind. I will need to mill the clearance slot on it a little higher.
All the parts fit perfectly. the radius on the loewr rear needed a littl filing as do the radiuses in the slot on the side.
The next step will be locating the cam and drilling and riveting it in, then drilloing the holes for the lever plate and front end and final fitting, then I can locate the denial plate and mill the slots.
I am taking my time on this as I want it to come out perfect.
I am not sure what I will do with the finish. the finish on some of the parts looks good and I may just parkerize the side plates and bottom plate to see how it looks keeping the oroginal finish on the rest of the parts.

IMBLITZVT
07-04-2007, 03:12 PM
Hey, That looks like a very nice start! Just make sure to rivet your trunnion in first! :) I feel the same way about the parts.. They are so nice I hate to strip them down just to refinish them. Plus all the parking does not look the same anyway. I think I will leave move of it. All my parts look about 95% or better!

Now I need to get my welder up and going and then to get a side plate! Easier said then done on the later... I hate to say. I wish Halo the best of luck!

weasel_master
07-04-2007, 09:41 PM
I'm waiting on my plate from Halo. Mine was one of the ones he was redoing and before this mess, he said I'd have it by the end of June. Keep us posted on your build, I can't wait to do mine.

Pirate
07-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Worked on it a little more today. Drilled the holes for the lever stop and cam.
I want to put a couple of rivets in the cam before driling the rest of the holes. So far everything fits. once I get the back done I will dril the rest of the holes for the trunnion and locate the denial plate slots.

Pirate
07-16-2007, 06:18 PM
Got a little more done on my vickers, I got the cam and lever plate riveted on and fit the internals. Everything fits and moves freely. next step is to mount the trunnion and locate the upper denial plate. then mill the slots for it in the sideplates.

weasel_master
07-16-2007, 06:33 PM
I got the all steel feedblock with mine. I would rather have a brass one though I see the steel ones are a bit pricier on the IMA site. I hope Halo gets everything figured out so I can get my sideplate and maybe make a start on my kit.

Pirate
07-16-2007, 06:52 PM
IMA had the brass / steel ones for $75.00 I think.

weasel_master
07-16-2007, 06:58 PM
Yeah, that's what I'm going to use for my 7.62x54R conversion.

IMBLITZVT
07-17-2007, 06:51 AM
Yeah it looks real nice! How are you going to do the rivets in the hard areas? Pop rivets?

Pirate
07-17-2007, 07:31 AM
Yeah it looks real nice! How are you going to do the rivets in the hard areas? Pop rivets?

Not sure yet. I will figure that out after fitting the trunnion.

Pirate
07-29-2007, 02:54 PM
workrd on the vickers today, I finished driling the right side plate and got the front end fitted up. It is really starting to take shape. :thumbup:

weasel_master
07-29-2007, 07:48 PM
I'm jealous. I can't wait to build mine.

IMBLITZVT
07-30-2007, 10:04 AM
Yeah its looking good! I get to comment on two forums now :)

avman
01-20-2008, 10:31 AM
Pirate

Where did you get the dial sight bracket for your vickers? Did it come with your kit?

Pirate
01-20-2008, 10:56 AM
Pirate

Where did you get the dial sight bracket for your vickers? Did it come with your kit?

they are availablr from several places, IMA, SARCO and a place in england, I will find the link, they are the cheapest, they also have the longer screws.

weasel_master
01-20-2008, 01:40 PM
I really need to get on mine. Yet another project to start.

rocco1911
02-15-2008, 11:55 AM
Looks great soon I will start on mine I'm trying to save up the funding for Lonnies Kit but keep buying kits for other guns before there are no more dilemas, dilemas.

FTB1-SS
03-19-2008, 08:20 PM
I see you have the brass sight bracket, I have a steel one and sure wish I had looked around more then. they are pricey now. looks great!