PDA

View Full Version : Rifle pricing for insurance

Beprepared
12-17-2016, 10:19 AM
Hello all,

Having recently inherited a few new safe queens I'm wondering what the most discreet way of getting an appraisal for the purposes of insurance. I doubt the local gun shop will have the value of these two and I'm pretty sure they would have never seen once of them.

I know it varies with condition and serial numbers and such but I'm looking for ballpark figures on a HK 91 (1974 date of manufacture) and a C2A1 (with original furniture and working folding hand guards).

These are shooters but have been regularly cleaned and maintained.

Again just a ball park figure, I can't find reliable numbers on any sort of auction websites.

Thanks in advance.

7.62guy
12-18-2016, 08:28 AM
I can't be any help on the C2A1 as I have not seen one for sell around these parts in many years. I can tell you that a nearby shop had a H&K 91 on the rack a month ago for 2900.00 and it sold inside two weeks. The owner did tell me it brought his asking price. As you said condition will make a lot of difference. Like, in the box unfired with everything that came with one, you can find crazy numbers on gunbroker and places like that for one but they never sell. I have seen good condition 91's go from 2k to 3.5k. I have a couple but enjoy them too much to think of selling them right now so I wouldn't know what to ask.

Beprepared
12-21-2016, 07:58 AM
I have a couple but enjoy them too much to think of selling them right now so I wouldn't know what to ask.

Thanks for that information. I enjoy mine as well, the looks the C2 gets at the range make me laugh. Some people wonder if I did a Bubba job on a decent FAL.

scottz63
12-21-2016, 08:06 AM
On the C2A1 I saw one sell for $3000 this past summer. I don't know if that is typical or not, but it gives you a ballpark figure. :)

Beprepared
12-21-2016, 08:42 AM
On the C2A1 I saw one sell for $3000 this past summer. I don't know if that is typical or not, but it gives you a ballpark figure. :)

Thank you Scott. That does help some. I know I could probably never find another one if something happened to mine.

scottz63
12-21-2016, 08:57 AM
Thank you Scott. That does help some. I know I could probably never find another one if something happened to mine.

Your welcome. :) I am not sure you could replace that. It would be difficult.