PDA

View Full Version : So tell me about Freeport, TX

weasel_master
09-30-2007, 09:17 PM
I graduate in December and have been job hunting like mad. I've got 7 interviews this week. I just met up with my first company tonight for an overview. The career opportunity is either in Freeport or Houston with Freeport most likely. I figured there's a lot of Texans here that could give a little input. Any goods/bads/ about the area? What do you have to say about Houston as well?

nalioth
09-30-2007, 09:30 PM
You'll be living under a bridge if you move to Freeport.

Planning will get your paycheck every week. :airtight:

It's humid here, with a diverse culture. Houston has representatives from every country in the world. It's the largest enclave of Vietnamese outside of Vietnam.

I could go on and on, but there are other places on the web to tell you all this stuff :sleepy:

Planning
09-30-2007, 09:49 PM
I graduate in December and have been job hunting like mad. I've got 7 interviews this week. I just met up with my first company tonight for an overview. The career opportunity is either in Freeport or Houston with Freeport most likely. I figured there's a lot of Texans here that could give a little input. Any goods/bads/ about the area? What do you have to say about Houston as well?

pm me with some of the companies. maybe i can give you some feed back on them.
ron

weasel_master
09-30-2007, 10:11 PM
How's the hurricane stuff effect you guys?

Nazgul
09-30-2007, 10:15 PM
Lucky boy Weaz - Texas is the best state in the union...
(no I'm not looking for a flame war!)

weasel_master
09-30-2007, 10:22 PM
I've got an interview for a place in Wisconsin Wednesday too. I've got one in a lot of the adjoining states up here.

Planning
09-30-2007, 10:54 PM
How's the hurricane stuff effect you guys?

like most places that get hurricanes. you pack up the best stuff and leave the rest.:rolleyes:
you just hope it is still there where you left it and it is still dry.:icon_biggrin:

robocop10mm
10-19-2007, 12:00 PM
If you like the smell of refineries and chemical plants, Freeport is the place to be. I lived in the Houston area 25 years ago and am amazed how much it has grown since then. Sprawling Metropolis. Never liked the humidity, VERY high. Good conservative base. Commit a murder, get the death penatly.