PDA

View Full Version : Different Russian...picts...mostly chatter, getting acquainted

heckinohio
06-10-2019, 08:09 PM
This gun has invoked some discussion on a couple of occasions.........keep in mind this a matching numbers gun.

I never liked the odd "pot-belly" wooden stock that one usually sees on these guns......when this one came up for sale I went with it because of the stock as much as anything else. I had no idea it wasnt a regular run of the mill item....... Form 4 says "Russian Military, WW 2" , model block is marked "DTM".

PJH

Norton
06-12-2019, 08:54 PM
First very cool thanks for posting

It looks like the version they used for tanks or that’s the translation for DTM
I saw an old photo with Russian tanker cleaning a metal stock version
The Red Air Force version was tagged the DA
I found a photo on the web with some Japanese soldiers posing with a metal stock DP 28
Caption said captured Soviet Equipment

jbruney
06-12-2019, 10:26 PM
Yep. That one could grow on you. Neat piece.

scottz63
06-13-2019, 12:04 AM
That is nice. Would be fun to shoot! :)

weasel_master
06-13-2019, 07:18 AM
Interesting to see the finned barrel and a bit more complex bipod than the typical dp28.

heckinohio
06-13-2019, 08:36 AM
"Fun to shoot......" We have fired it more than once. Seldom shoot "belly-down" any more. The loss of her foot has pretty much stopped that. When we were shooting a lot of belly down, the gun stopped on her & she got up, I cleared the gun, she lay back into shooting position & promptly had a hot empty roll under her left forearm. Had long sleeves on to prevent that but when she stood up, slid the sleeve up & failed to put it back down. Her first ever scar............

I built a special table for us to shoot from......older picnic table kit. I can think of several ways to improve it now... I have added pivoting wheel-barrow handles under the seat to make rolling it about easier. Have to mow under it.

PJH

scottz63
06-13-2019, 10:04 AM
Nice set-up! :)

7.62guy
06-13-2019, 10:13 AM
Why is it, that the little thin piece of barbed wire is never missed? A friends back yard range looks much like that and we always end up repairing the fence after every shoot.

indy1919a4
06-13-2019, 07:46 PM
Both nice guns, is the second a monitor or FN from Europe..

heckinohio
06-14-2019, 08:18 AM
Fence....been there & done that.........guests tend to be guilty most of the time...but..we have done it too. In the pict of Donna w/ZB 26, the fence is lying down on the ground, look closely at the left fence post. I put a handle gate just to the right of her aiming point & I always lay the fence on the ground......about 50 ft of it anyway. I have two 16' gates in the wings to replace that section.

BAR ID:......... this may be the Argentine version, FN mfgr. It had a really short front site, always shot 2' high at 200 ft. I found a taller site in a junk box at a show some time back. I finally installed it.....now shoots to point of aim. It is 7.65x54 Arg........interesting point, it has a tripod.

PJH

Buckshot
06-14-2019, 09:23 AM
Enjoyed looking at photos and the neat stuff you have. Nice to see you guys enjoying the range time. Makes me think I really need to get some shooting in myself, it has been a while.
I would think the odds of clipping a strand of barb wire would be fairly small, but I have managed to do it several times over the years - usually when I am going after varmints.

I have the DP28 and a OOW BAR, but both are semi-auto. Have not fired either one of them (ouch). At least my 1928-A1 is FA. Keep posting pictures, love to see them.
Makes me wish I had someone who was as interested in guns as me to shoot with.

indy1919a4
06-14-2019, 10:17 AM
Fence....been there & done that.........guests tend to be guilty most of the time...but..we have done it too. In the pict of Donna w/ZB 26, the fence is lying down on the ground, look closely at the left fence post. I put a handle gate just to the right of her aiming point & I always lay the fence on the ground......about 50 ft of it anyway. I have two 16' gates in the wings to replace that section.

BAR ID:......... this may be the Argentine version, FN mfgr. It had a really short front site, always shot 2' high at 200 ft. I found a taller site in a junk box at a show some time back. I finally installed it.....now shoots to point of aim. It is 7.65x54 Arg........interesting point, it has a tripod.

PJH

Sir, I am intrigued, could you show a few closeruppers photos of this little Argentine lady.. Of course appropriate photos :)

indy1919a4
06-14-2019, 10:31 AM
Makes me wish I had someone who was as interested in guns as me to shoot with.

You know, not to beat a horse here, but everyone is always busy, no one has time... etc, But many times we are the ones who put the worst restrictions on our self's.. Each of us have cars, you live in the freest travel country in the world.. There is no reason to pick a spot meet and shoot... I.E the Big Sandy shoot has to be one of the nicest in the world. A great place to set up.. Now inside the mind devils are saying OH no that's all the Way in Arizona... Well Step on that little devil and instead say cool.. that's in Arizona... A beautiful place to visit..

And of course there are closer events and possible shoots... But no reason not to meet and shoot

Airmedic6
06-16-2019, 06:02 PM
Great set up and nice looking toys! They must be expensive to feed!

heckinohio
06-16-2019, 08:09 PM
Just now took time to make pictures. Thot I had some, couldnt find them.still think I have some as the stock was cracked & I took some for the repair guy. Took 10........dont know what the limit here is so I will scatter them to try to cover the most revealing (???).

This gun came w/tri-pod. I am displaying a Jap. torpedo bomber gun on the mount as I couldnt come up with a Jap. torpedo plane for it..!!!!!

PJH

sdk1968
06-17-2019, 06:14 AM
PJ is posting up pix from down in the dungeon!

can still remember the day in intro'd Rory to PJ & he got his firt trip down into the dungeon. the look on his face was priceless & another gun addict was born. (sure: it was the same look i had on my face during my first visit to PJ's dungeon)

7.62guy
06-17-2019, 06:31 AM
Now that looks like a dungeon one would not mind being thrown into for a while.

Berlin
06-17-2019, 06:48 AM
Just now took time to make pictures. Thot I had some, couldnt find them.still think I have some as the stock was cracked & I took some for the repair guy. Took 10........dont know what the limit here is so I will scatter them to try to cover the most revealing (???).

This gun came w/tri-pod. I am displaying a Jap. torpedo bomber gun on the mount as I couldnt come up with a Jap. torpedo plane for it..!!!!!

PJH

What type of wooden ammo box is that?

indy1919a4
06-17-2019, 12:42 PM
The crest on that is to die for, Is it marked Argentina in any way other then caliber??? And do you like shooting from the FN Bipod better the good old God fearing American BAR barrel mounted Bipod.

heckinohio
06-17-2019, 08:34 PM
Here is another of the photos I didnt post with the others above.

I suspect the wooden ammo box to be Swiss........has an original Maxim belt in it. Really dont know for sure, anybody could have put that arrangement together.

PJH