PDA

View Full Version : Texas CCW?

Phirebug
03-13-2007, 07:40 AM
What do I have to do to get a CCW in Texas? Is it something I could just file the paperwork for while I'm home on leave and then have my shiny new permit waiting for me when I get back home again, or is it a lengthy process?

Thanks much!

-james

nalioth
03-13-2007, 08:05 AM
What do I have to do to get a CCW in Texas? Is it something I could just file the paperwork for while I'm home on leave and then have my shiny new permit waiting for me when I get back home again, or is it a lengthy process?

Thanks much!

-james You have to take a state approved course. I believe this is 12 hours. It consists of a range session and book work. They will help you with your fingerprint cards at the class, too.

After class is over, you send off your application to the state (with your money) and wait . . .

Phirebug
03-13-2007, 11:13 AM
any idea where i could take this class in close proximity to ft hood?

Cypher27
03-13-2007, 12:39 PM
Go here

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administration/crime_records/chl/chlsindex.htm

Pay the $140, wait for the packet to come in the mail.

Here is a list of just a few palces that you can then take the course at.

http://www.town-mall.net/mall/dfwshootingranges.html

Take your packet in with you, some palces let you rent their pistols or you can bring your own. The class was $100

I sent mine out about 2 months ago and I'm still waiting to get it back :-(

Later
Cyph

M1 Tanker
03-13-2007, 04:41 PM
Phirebug, no course necessary for you since your are active duty. New law that Rick Perry started about 2 years ago. You also get a free hunting and fishing license in Texas. I will find out the particulars for you.

Fido Dog
04-11-2007, 08:03 PM
You've already got a fuc&in' TANK!!!!:bash:

What more do you want!?!?!?:dabird:

Phirebug
04-11-2007, 10:30 PM
You've already got a fuc&in' TANK!!!!:bash:

What more do you want!?!?!?:dabird:

More guns.

Duh.

Fido Dog
04-11-2007, 10:34 PM