Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Members FAL Pics

Charlie Don't Surf

As far as builds go, FALs are easy....with the right tools. Nodakspud is making receivers again, as is DSA. Both are top notch receivers. You will also need a receiver wrench, a barrel vise, headspace gages and a pin gage set. If the barrel will hand time to 11:00, you torque it over to 12, check TDC to make sure your sights are aligned and then use the pin gages to see what size locking shoulder to order. Fairly simple build.

New Recruit
    Ok, here's my Imbel on Imbel. It was built by Randy Kline, of Sledgehammer Arms Works. He assembled and reparked the rifle. I did the furniture. It's Penquin's economy stuff. I re-located the handguard mounting hole to eliminate that "crooked" look and finished them with bedliner and Krylon OD green, covered with a matte clear acrylic spray.

New Recruit Private
    They're in the back. this is the picture I carry with me to lift my spirits when I'm down.The one in the back is a an Izzy HB on an imbel logo I got cheap about a year ago and the other is a century on an imbel logo.
    Last edited by mutter; 03-25-2007 at 05:27 PM.

This is my FAL built on a Australian SLR parts set dated August 1966. It could have been carried in Vietnam.The P 35 is a 1944 Canadian contract
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Norton; 05-16-2009 at 11:30 AM.
    We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union

Here's my baby

Its my favorite FAL! Its an Imbel kit built with bipod on a DSA type 1 reciever. It has a DSA extreme duty full length rail with a Bushnell Elite 3200 3-9x50 FireFly rectical. It has DSA's x-series stock set, DSA's HTS which have been "tweaked" to a crisp 4.5lbs, and DSA's cocking handle. It was completely refparkerized by me (with the help of a gunsmith/friend). It also has had the bolt reciever "squeezed" and the bolt lapped in. It routinely shoots 1 to 1.5 inch groups with my various handloads. I also have a Century L1A1. Yeah its a Century....but hey it got me started with FAL's. I also have another imbel kit sitting around waiting to be built as soon as I get through building my CETME, 35 Whelen, and redblueing my MKII target. I'm planning on cutting the barrel down to 16 inches and making it a carbine.

New Recruit Private
    FAL # 8 for me of the ones I've built for myself. It took 2 years to locate all the correct parts and there are still a couple thing I need to find. It's a clone of an early Belgian T-48 like those used in the US trials against the T-44 which became the M14. LOTS of time and money invested in this one..

New Recruit
    Wow Bandit! That's a fine looking FAL dude. Looks like time and money was well-spent indeed. Thanks for showing it to us. Gary

Quote Originally Posted by texgunner View Post
    I re-located the handguard mounting hole to eliminate that "crooked" look
    Texgunner, How did you do this? I know it is simple enough to re drill the hole, but how did you fill in the original hole to give a solid fit. I really wan tot get my Penguin furniture lined up.

Last edited by Bluedog; 05-23-2007 at 09:31 AM.

Wow....Sweet FALs, all!

Cool to see quite a range in tastes and builds, old and new stuff.

Mutter, that is quite a collection you got there...Love that VZ in front!

Old pic....but here she is...

StG58 with a 8x42 POSP. I prefer the open sights however..

Solid shooter.
    We also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.

Romans 5:3,4