Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mars Cetme

Rest In Peace Cimmaronkid cimmaronkid's Avatar

Mars Cetme

http://www.auctionproductions.com/

Mars Cetme is lot 140. I am going to this auction to try and get the SIG AMT, but if anyone is interested in this gun, I will be glad to give you a tight description of it. Because of the kind of auction it is, it just might go under the usual value. Let me know.
    "They couldn't hit an elephant at this dis.." Final words of Union General John Sedgwick before being killed by a Confederate sniper.

Perro
    ill be selling mine shortly too
    get your sig, and buy my mars later when i decide to sell it

mine will be closer to $2000.00 - a bargain if you ask me

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Perro View Post
    ill be selling mine shortly too
    I thought you were keeping the "guns that you love". is the MARS really not one of them? suprising...

Perro
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter_la5 View Post
    I thought you were keeping the "guns that you love". is the MARS really not one of them? suprising...
    im torn with the mars
    it is a fabulous firearm

ive decided i want to do this though, im just waiting on my job to slow a bit first. Im back on 6 days a week work schedule right now, and im too tired on my day off to dig the stuff out and list it. it will be soon though

if im going to sell the mars, it will be to someone on here, and it will be less than they would pay on gunbroker for one. It is special enough to me that i want to see it go to someone that was on my forum as a friend instead of a stranger.
    Ill be asking $2000.00 for it plus shipping (about $500.00 lower than most on gunbroker)
    if anyone is even remotely interested start saving your duckies cause it will be coming - as soon as i slow down, i will spin up to speed on selling stuff.

i can also provide an extensive list of forum members who have shot it, and can comment on how NICE it is to shoot.

Mike

Perro, do you have the scope rings with yours?

and... what all "accessories" came with those rifles originally?
    COA #106121 COG #1000 NRA #148440199

Copenhagen is my anti-drug!

Texas sew n' sew

Perro
    no scope rings they are very rare - any standard ring works on it though.

the cleaning kit came with it which mine has, a sling which mine has, and it came with an owners manual which i have a digital copy of.

Perro, you may have to put it up for Mil-bay as I bet you will have more than one loyal poster want that MARS.

If I sold my 7.62x51 ammo, I would have enough to pay you cash...but then what would I shoot it with???

Is the MARS a collector gun or can it be a shooter?

I am almost tempted to sell the Greek SAR8 that I just got in compliance to help pay for a MARS. THat and a little ammo would pay for it.

Perro
    it is both
    mine was shot before i bought it, so i shot it too

mine is not 100% condition - those have SOLD for 3 - 3.5 k (read that as meaning not sat there for sale for a long time) even guns refinished have SOLD for 3k.
    Mine could use a refinish, it is 40 years old, and im positive with a re parkerizing you could easily turn a 1k profit on it, but i dont want to sell it to someone who is just gonna resell it for profit
    the average mars starts at about 2.5k on gunbroker
    mine will sell for 2k and will include a few accesories with it

there are only 3 problems with my gun
    the original buttstock had candlewax spilt all over it so it got new furniture - special furniture too with factory BRASS rivets (rare)
    the original buttpad had been chewed on pretty badly, it has a new mwdg3 mars pad on it
    and it has light rust forming in the magwell (its 40 years old)

so - mines both a shooter, and a collectors gun - it will ALWAYS be a collectors gun due to the fact that there were less than 3000 imported (less imported than the sig AMT that sells for 7k, and less imported than the legal pin on trigger pack HKs that sell for 10k plus, but every bit the gun of either), and it has a legal grandfathered pin on trigger pack, plus it was made in spain instead of the US with parts kits.

it will include a new factory cetme mag pouch with 2 unissued still in the grease factory mags with it

ill give a full description of it when i decide to sell it

Wow, I might have to bid on your MARS when you decide to sell it Perro. You don't happen to have an SVT-40 as well do you.

Perro
    Quote Originally Posted by Tread_Head View Post
    Wow, I might have to bid on your MARS when you decide to sell it Perro. You don't happen to have an SVT-40 as well do you.
    why yes, yes i do, and it will be for sale too