Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cetme Triggerpack assembly/disassembly Updated 13 Jan 2017

Charlie Don't Surf

Cetme Triggerpack assembly/disassembly Updated 13 Jan 2017

How to field strip and clean your trigger assembly.
    By Perro Del Diablo

When I first took my CETME apart for cleaning, I found light rust inside my trigger housing - I desperately wanted to clean this out because rust is NO GOOD!!!!!!!

Looking into the trigger pack, I seen all of these funky little springs and parts, and while scratching my head, I though to myself - hmmmmmmmmm that looks a little too difficult for me to figure out!!!! I ended up leaving it, and just spraying gun scrubber into the trigger pack to clean it - I was afraid of messing something up if I took it apart - until now there was no online how to, or anything to show me how to do this - a good friend of mine showed me how to do this, and it really is quite simple if you have something to look at - DO NOT DO THIS TO YOUR TRIGGER PACK!!!!! TAKE IT TO A LISCENSED GUN SMITH, AND HAVE HIM DO IT!!! THIS IS NOT FOR YOU - IT IS FOR ME TO REFERENCE WHEN I TAKE MY TRIGGER PACK APART!!!

ALSO,
    AND I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH -MAKE SURE THE LISCENSED GUNSMITH DOES THIS WORK ON A LARGE TABLE WITH NOTHING ELSE ON IT - SPREAD WHITE TOWELS ALL OVER THE TABLE, BECAUSE PARTS WILL GET LOST IF YOU DONT!!!

I CANNOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR GUNSMITH MESSES YOUR TRIGGER PACK UP BECAUSE OF THIS WEBPAGE!!!! THESE ARE NOT INSTRUCTIONS FOR YOU TO TAKE YOUR TRIGGER PACK APART, INSTEAD THEY ARE A PHOTO DOCUMENTARY OF HOW I TAKE MY TRIGGER PACK APART - YOUVE BEEN WARNED!!!!! DONT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS!!!!

First I will show a picture with all of the trigger parts completely disassembled - these are numbered, and I will list what they are to the corresponding number below this picture - when I refer to a part, I will call it the by its name, but I will also put a number in parenthesis so that I can look at the picture of all of the parts and figure out what Iím talking about

image1.jpeg

Parts list
    1. Grip frame
    2. Safety selector
    3. Ejector pin
    4. Ejector spring
    5. Ejector
    6. Small spring
    7. Small spring pin
    8. Hammer pin
    9. Hammer
    10. Trigger pin
    11. Trigger pin bushing or spacer
    12. Sear 2
    13. Sear 1
    14. Trigger
    15. Fire control box

Step 1 take entire grip frame assembly off of rifle, and set it in the MIDDLE of the table on top of the towels - put the rest of your rifle away.
    image2.jpeg

Step 2 Reach into the grip frame (1) and pull the fire control box (15) with all of the trigger parts - out of the grip frame (1) note you may have to grab the ejector (5) to have something to hold onto as you pull it out - once the fire control box (15) is out of the grip frame (1) set the grip frame (1) somewhere else for now.

image3.jpeg

Step 3 next, take a pair of needle nose pliers - unhook the ejector spring (4) from the ejector (5) first - then unhook the spring from the fire control box (15) - set the spring in the tupperware bowl and close the lid!!

image4.jpeg

Step 4 in the next picture, you will see a yellow highlighted part - this is the ejector pin (3) it falls out if you turn the fire control box (15) upside down, and shake it a little bit - it surprises me how bad of a fit this crucial part has!! take the ejector pin (3) out, and set in your Tupperware bowl - then pull the ejector (5) out and set it into your Tupperware bowl - CLOSE THE LID!!!

image5.jpeg

Step 5 next take the assembly and put your hand over the top of the hammer (9) - pull the trigger(14 ) and gently let the hammer (9) ride forward until it rests on the fire control box (15) this releases MOST of the spring tension on the hammer (9)

image6.jpeg

Step 6 the next picture shows a part highlighted in yellow - this is the hammer pin (8) tap it out with a small brass punch - this may only come out one way - then reach in, and grab the hammer (9) and pull it out carefully - PLEASE NOTE - THERE IS A SPRING ATTACHED TO THE HAMMER (9) IT RIDES ON TOP OF 2 LITTLE GROOVES ON SEAR 1 (13) DO NOT BEND THIS SPRING!!!! work it out carefully, then take the hammer (9) and the hammer pin (8) and set them in the Tupperware bowl - CLOSE THE LID!!!!

image7.jpeg
    image8.jpeg

Step 7 in the next picture there will be a yellow highlighted part - this is the small spring pin (7) if you look into the assembly you will see that this pin goes through the center of the small spring (6) notice right now how the springs horns are facing - tap the small spring pin (7) out with a small punch - the small spring (6) will have 2 coils, 2 horns, and a saddle - the saddle rests around a hump on sear 1( 13) make sure that you do not bend the small spring (6) when you remove it from this hump - if you have to, take a screw driver and lightly pry sear 1, and sear 2 apart (12, and 13) until the spring falls out - take the small spring pin (7) and the small spring (6) and set them in the Tupperware bowl - CLOSE THE LID!!!!

image9.jpeg
    image10.jpeg

Step 8 in the next picture, you will see another highlighted part - this is the trigger pin (10) - pop it out with a small punch - might only come out 1 way - when you do this, the trigger bushing (11) will fall out - then pull the 3 parts of the trigger (12, 13, &14) out from the frame - separate sear 2 (12) and set the parts aside - NOTE if the 2 parts of the trigger (13, and 14) donít come apart easily, leave them attached as this will make it easier to insert them into the frame later anyways. take numbers 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14 and put them into the Tupperware bowl - CLOSE THE LID!!!

image11.jpeg
    image12.jpeg

Step 9 take each part out of the Tupperware bowl 1 at a time - take a toothbrush, and clean each part with the cleaner of your choice - thoroughly dry, and then apply a thin light coat of oil wipe these parts fairly dry before reinstalling - the oil will keep rust out of there until the next time you clean your weapon - i would recoil these parts weekly if you are in a high humidity region.
    this completes the disassembly, and cleaning phase of the trigger group

reassembly will be in the reverse order of disassembly - however, ive found that its always easier to tear something apart than to reassemble it - it is a jigsaw puzzle to put back together, and my digital camera is not the best - hopefully you paid attention to how the parts came apart!!! - step 1 will be to take sear 2 (12) and set it on top of the assembled trigger, and sear 1(13, 14) it only truly fits one way.

image13.jpeg

Step 10 next take the above 3 parts of the trigger group (12, 13, and 14) and insert them into the fire control box (15) until you can just get the pin (10) in the hole to hold the 3 parts (12, 13, 14) together - PLESE NOTE - make sure that you know what part is the front of the fire control box (15) the front is the part where the welded on shelf is - insert the 3 parts of the trigger (12, 13, 14) into the fire control box (15) with the pull of the trigger (13) facing forward towards the shelf - the easiest way to know if youíve done it right, is to make sure that sear 2 (12) is touching the inside of the fire control box (15) and the trigger is facing towards the shelf

image14.jpeg

Step 11 next, take the trigger pin bushing (11) and insert it between the trigger parts (12, 13, 14) and the other side of frame(15) push the bushing (11) in until the holes line up, and then push the trigger pin (10) through the bushing (11) and seat it all the way until the trigger pin (10) sits flush on both sides of the frame (15) this completes the trigger group assembly

image15.jpeg

Step 12the next step is to insert the small spring (6) into the trigger pack - hook it around the hump in the sear 1 (12) and hold it with your hand so that it doesnít fall out - PLEASE NOTE THE WAY THE HORNS OF THE SMALL SPRING ARE FACING!!!!!!! - THEY MUST FACE UP IF YOU ARE HOLDING THE TRIGGER PACK AS SHOWN IN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE. then move the small spring(6) with your finger until it lines up with the hole - take the small spring pin (7) insert it through the side of the frame (15) and make sure that the pin (7) passes through the center of the 2 coils on the small spring (6) - push the pin (7) all the way through until it seats flush on both sides of the frame (15) this pin will want to come out of its spot - keep an eye on this for the next step

image16.jpeg
    image17.jpeg

Step 13 the next step is a little complex - take the hammer (9) and move the spring into the correct position - it will only develop spring pressure 1 way, and if its put in backwards, it will not work - align the spring as shown in the picture below - then take the hammer (9) and insert it into the frame (15) facing the right way (the face of the hammer should be facing the shelf on the front of the trigger pack) the hammer (9) should sit on top of the small spring (6)
    then take the 2 legs of the hammer spring and place them into the 2 grooves on top of sear 1 (13) make sure not to bend these springs when inserting them. once the hammer spring is set correctly into the grooves, push the hammer (9) down until the holes line up - then take the hammer pin (8) and push it through the frame hole , through the center of the hammer (9) and all the way through until the pin (8) sits flush with both sides of the frame (15)

image18.jpeg
    image19.jpeg
    image20.jpeg

Step 14 once this is assembled, take the hammer (9) and push it down until it locks - then take the pack, and put your hand and put it on top of the hammer (9).
    pull the trigger (13) and let the hammer (9) lightly ride forward until it rests up against the frame (15) - cycle the hammer (9) 3 or 4 times until you are sure that it is functioning correctly - if its not working right, take it all back apart, and out it together exactly as above in the pictures.

image21.jpeg

Step 15 next take the ejector (5) and insert it into the pack - then take the ejector pin (3) and insert it into the hole to lock the ejector (5) into place. then take the ejector spring (4) hook it through the hole in the fire control box (15) first - then take needle nose pliers and insert the other end of the spring (4) into the hole in the ejector (5) - cycle the ejector (5) with your finger, and make sure it moves up and down smoothly.

image22.jpeg
    image23.jpeg

Step 15 next, insert the complete correctly functioning assembly above into the grip frame (1) push it forward until it rests on the front part of the grip frame (1) - then push it all the way down and seat it fully - next, look through the hole in the grip frame (1) where the safety selector (2) goes - make sure that the hole in the grip frame (1) lines up with the hole in the fire control box (15) - if so, insert the safety selector (2) at 12 o clock position - push it through until it fully seats - then rotate it to the safe position - then rotate it to the fire position, and cycle the hammer (9) 3 or 4 times and check for function - if it functions correctly, reinstall the complete trigger pack onto the rifle - cycle the bolt back and let it fly home, and then pull the trigger - cycle the bolt back again, and let it slam home - then cycle the trigger - this time, keep the trigger held - cycle the bolt, and let it slam home, then let up on the trigger and then pull the trigger again - if everything works, then you have successfully redone your trigger.
    In those moments where you're not quite sure if the undead are really dead, dead, don't get all stingy with your bullets.

Charlie Don't Surf

Ignore
    In those moments where you're not quite sure if the undead are really dead, dead, don't get all stingy with your bullets.

Great Post!!!
    "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."

General George S. Patton

45Luger on Gunboards
    FullAssault on FNforum
    FullAssault on VaGunTrader
    FullAssault on SKSBoards
    FullAssault on AKfiles
    FullAssault on FALFiles

Yes indeed, a very good post.

I think it important to mention though; Pay particular attention to the orientation of the small spring (6) and how it is held in place by the coils of the hammer spring. If reinstalled improperly, the small spring will slip on it's pin and it's saddle will not surround the sear 1 hump, providing little or no spring tension to the sear 1.

Looking down through the top of the trigger pack, the right leg of small spring (6) will rest between the right coil of the hammer spring and the right side of the hammer body. The left leg of small spring (6) rests between the left coil of the hammer spring and the inside wall of the trigger pack box.

I bring this up only because, during reassembly, it would seem logical that both legs of small spring (6) would rest between the hammer spring coils and the sides of hammer body.

Mike

I put the spring in wrong then. I do you get everything back in place?
    "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."

General George S. Patton

45Luger on Gunboards
    FullAssault on FNforum
    FullAssault on VaGunTrader
    FullAssault on SKSBoards
    FullAssault on AKfiles
    FullAssault on FALFiles

I especially like all the refs to the LICENSED GUNSMITH...reminds me of the K-31 swiss manual..."take the gun to the gunsmith in you canton's arsenal, etc" appears on nearly every page...

Senior Veteran
    Something I did to aid in disassembly of my trigger group is, though some may disapprove of it, is in that last pic, I just welded the trigger group parts together (except the pin) and makes it so I don't have to align 3 holes up under spring tension, just one, much easier. It still works just fine; as you'll notice those parts never move in relation to each other. Maybe on the original full autos they did, but mine isn't.

-Sterling

i welded some of the g3 parts like that also helps alot, but jb weld will work too.
    IS THERE A SECTION FOR MY DEATH STAR ON MILITARYFIREARM.COM?

How different is this procedure from the G3?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    Thomas Jefferson

Senior Veteran
    meh need a good excuse to do some welding already had the welder out for a couple of gun projects anyways.

There is a sticky on G3 trigger pack disassembly I believe
    -Sterling