Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Ultimate Stamped Cetme Scope Mount

New Recruit
    Ok, question for yall.

I have the UTG mount, and am doing the set-screw to hold it in place.

I have a Nikon 3-9 I was going to put on this thing, but with Weaver lever lock rings (high) the scope sits too low to clear the rear sight. With no scope on I can still utilize my iron sights, so I'm thinking maybe some see-through rings would be the way to go. I know that will put the scope higher than ideal, but if it would allow me to use my irons with the scope in place I think I can live with it.

What rings are yall using? I initially thought "riser" but if I'm going to have to put the scope up in the air seems like using see-through rings would be the way to go.

New Recruit
    Well, to answer my own question, and for others who might have the same question in the future....

Leupold see through HIGH rings will clear the rear sight, and mount great on the UTG mount. The sights are "kinda" useable with the scope in place. I have a Nikon 3x9x40 on the rifle, and there is very little room between the bottom of the front end of the scope and the top of the front sight, so the sight picture is lacking using the open sights through the see through rings. That said, It will work for its intended usage. Something would have to render the scope useless for me to use the sights, and if that happens, I can take the scope off, or make do with the sights until I can remove the scope.