Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reloading bench

Reloading bench

Just got everything set up to start cranking out rounds. The big workbench was built a while ago and its nice to have all my tools right next door. All this is in my garage, rifle reloading equipment curtosy of jfowl31, my dad gave me his old shotshell press. That thing had a circle of paint worn away from shells being pressed in the same spot thousands of times. Still works flawlessly. Yesterday I made up 100 rounds of 5.56; 25.5 grains Varget, 55gr Hornady V-max bullets, CCI sm rifle primers. The RCBS base plate with Rock Chucker press and powder measure mounted side by side works awsome, I recommend it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The reason the American Army does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the American Army practices it on a daily basis."
    - from a post-war debriefing of a German General

One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine...
    - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

nice start!!

and your garage looks nicer than my house.

Hey man I found the 223 pilot for the case trimmer.

That setup is looking nice and clean. Happy Loading!
    COA #106121 COG #1000 NRA #148440199

Copenhagen is my anti-drug!

Texas sew n' sew

When your done, you can gimme back my press!

Seriously, nice set up. LOTS of light is important when you are reloading.
    The proud great x5 grandson of an American Revolution veteran!

Nice little set up...I really like those nifty little 2x4 brace/leg brackets on the top shelf part, where did you pick those up at?
    BATTLEMENT ARMS
    www.battlementarms.com

I might worry a bit about those windows giving access to certain unwanteds. Very nice set up. Electric fan for summer,small blower heater for winter, radio, fridge, comfortable bar stool, room for wall displays of ammo and posters. Yep. You've got it going.
    RRRROOOWWWRRR PHHT PHHT I AM THE FORCE!

The shelf brackets are 2x4 basics shelf links from Lowes. I had to cut the middle one w sawsall so it didn't take up the whole middle workspace. I also used a wall panel for the white top. $11 as opposed to $40 for a sheet of formica. I do need a taller stool and some kind of window cover. Maybe a big cavalry or Texas flag. I put a small LED kit under the top shelf that's really bright.
    Last edited by 19Charlie_84; 04-20-2010 at 09:15 AM.
    "The reason the American Army does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the American Army practices it on a daily basis."
    - from a post-war debriefing of a German General

One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine...
    - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Reloading bench

That's a great setup Charlie. I am sure you will enjoy it. I will post a photo of mine below. I found the great adjustable height stool at Lowes. It suits my needs perfectly. In the photo the stool is adjsuted to it's lowest height. I also hightly recommend some sort of cushioning floor mats like I used. They really save my feet when standing for hours at the bench on a concrete floor.
    Last edited by 97th Signalman; 02-19-2011 at 10:23 PM.

97th Signal Bn, 7th Army Main Communications, Germany, 1960-63

Quote Originally Posted by 19Charlie_84 View Post
    The shelf brackets are 2x4 basics shelf links from Lowes. I had to cut the middle one w sawsall so it didn't take up the whole middle workspace. I also used a wall panel for the white top. $11 as opposed to $40 for a sheet of formica. I do need a taller stool and some kind of window cover. Maybe a big cavalry or Texas flag. I put a small LED kit under the top shelf that's really bright.
    Blinds are cheap and will do the trick nicely, then when you are loading, you can let in that good natural light.'

But if flags is what you are looking for, you might talk to the banks around you. I told my in-laws I wanted a well-used Texas flag for Christmas a couple years back, and they got me a MASSIVE flag... its about 7'x10' with nicely tattered corners just like I wanted. Its from a bank in East TX, but I have no clue how they tracked it down. I can ask them if you want.
    COA #106121 COG #1000 NRA #148440199

Copenhagen is my anti-drug!

Texas sew n' sew

looks like you are off to a good start.
    For those who fought for it, freedom holds a flavor the protected will never know. Those who hammer their guns into plows-will plow for those who do not. Thomas Jefferson