Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just curious..

Just curious..

Hello I am just curious of how many NW folks we have here still, I live about a half hour north of Vancouver and would like to know if we have folks near here ...still here
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    Thomas Jefferson

I'm on the central coast of Oregon, about 2.5hrs from Portland.
    "Without gunpowder there can be no freedom!"
    -German-American proverb during the War of Independence

COG# 1961

Cool my wife and I go there a few times a year, sometimes we go stay at the Looking Glass Inn at Lincoln City, then we go agate hunting..
    My little Bro lives in McMinnville so its not too out of the way.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    Thomas Jefferson

I'm in Seattle.....for school. Go shooting quite a bit in Greenwater near MT. Ranier. What do you mean by "still"?

"The key to freedom is to be able to have the ability to defend yourself &, if you dont have the tools to do that, then youre going to be at the mercy of whomever wants to put you away."

Quote Originally Posted by Enscribe View Post
    I'm in Seattle.....for school. Go shooting quite a bit in Greenwater near MT. Ranier. What do you mean by "still"?
    Still as in as I read the older posts it seems as though some may not be "still" visiting, I would like to meet with some of us locals possibly for shoots and networking and possible build parties and such, no matter what it is nice to meet fellow gunfolk!
    Thomas Jefferson

I'd be up for something like that.

COG# 1961

I'd be more of a student than a teacher in a build party, but I would be into that as well.

"The key to freedom is to be able to have the ability to defend yourself &, if you dont have the tools to do that, then youre going to be at the mercy of whomever wants to put you away."

Quote Originally Posted by Enscribe View Post
    I'd be more of a student than a teacher in a build party, but I would be into that as well.
    Me too, but I am getting some equipment together and would like even to get things like the Mandrels and whatever I can...but this is fun too for me so traveling around isn't that big of a deal either if its just to share ideals over coffee that is cool too...I go to the Oregon Coast a few times a year and near Seattle also I also commute from Cowlitz County Washington to Washington County Oregon a few times a week, so I think it is a healthy thing as maybe one of us will have a Jig, I think I will have most items before it's over like CETME and H&K and of course I want to do some AK builds too!
    I am looking into rifle stock duplication if someone can help with that that would be awesome!
    Thomas Jefferson

It would be good to find out how many are interested. Then find a place kind of central to everyone.

COG# 1961

Quote Originally Posted by Otis61 View Post
    It would be good to find out how many are interested. Then find a place kind of central to everyone.
    That would be the ideal thing maybe we can make a list of things we have that we can use for building ..
    something like a check list of things such as Air Compressors and welders and such, when it comes to the gun community and friends I am pretty open for this kind of stuff...just ask my friends when they move I actually show up ..lol..
    Thomas Jefferson