Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Limited Edition CETME

Limited Edition CETME

Back in 2004, CAI made a 500 rifle run of Stainless Steel recievered 'Limited Edition' CETME's. ( Not sure if they did this at any other time in the past. )

Does anybody know anything about these?
    COG # 1066

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmvogel View Post
    Back in 2004, CAI made a 500 rifle run of Stainless Steel recievered 'Limited Edition' CETME's. ( Not sure if they did this at any other time in the past. )

Does anybody know anything about these?
    Jfowl is the resident expert on them.

As much as I remember from the old thread about them; originally people thought the Limited Editions were a joke considering Century had already tarnished the CETME name with their shoddy work.

The 500 rifles built were from unissued kits if I remember correctly; not demilled rifles like current versions out there. They use the cast stainless steel receiver which has the rear sight saddle and an integrated rear sight.

The barrel is US made, supposedly "Match" grade but hard to tell. The threads are different from standard CETME's and HK's so if you remove the loudener you can't just attach/screw on a CETME or HK flash hider.

Overall these CETME's are worth it. I take it you're referring to the one on gunbroker at the moment?
    Last edited by Noskov; 09-26-2010 at 02:24 AM.

Yep, that's the one Noskov. The cast SS receiver is what originally caught my eye, then the wood and overall condition of the rifle in the pics... unusual I thought. Who knows, maybe they even double grind the bolt on a 'Limited Edition'! I'd never heard of a 'limited' run of CETME's before or from anyone here on MFA so it caught my attention. That and considering that a current CETME from J&G goes for $499 and this was not much more than that... well... Will look it over and give you a report when I get it to the range. Thanks Noskov!
    COG # 1066

Yep, that's the one Noskov. The cast SS receiver is what originally caught my eye, then the wood and overall condition of the rifle in the pics... unusual I thought. Who knows, maybe they even double grind the bolt on a 'Limited Edition'! I'd never heard of a 'limited' run of CETME's before or from anyone here on MFA so it caught my attention. That and considering that a current CETME from J&G goes for $499 and this was not much more than that... well... Will look it over and give you a report when I get it to the range. Thanks Noskov!
    Well there have been no negative reports on the Limited Edition CETME's so I'd feel a lot more comfortable with that rifle than taking a gamble with a current CETME.

I'd buy it but no funds at the moment.

I saw a ss cetme that had canted front sights.
    "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."

General George S. Patton

45Luger on Gunboards
    FullAssault on FNforum
    FullAssault on VaGunTrader
    FullAssault on SKSBoards
    FullAssault on AKfiles
    FullAssault on FALFiles

Super Moderator
    I saw an ad on GB for a cast receiver cetme but it didn't say anything about it being limited edition. Could you post a link to the auction. I'm asking because it just says cast stainless receiver and that its rare. I have 2 cast receiver cetmes in my safe that were built by me.
    "An armed society is a polite society"
    To old to fight, To slow to run, But I can still shoot!!!

COG#111

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=191377979

Here you go Milsurp; this was the 'Limited Edition' that was for sale yesterday.

The one listed below is still 'active' as of today.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=192516911

I still see SS Cast receivers for sale on GB if you wish to make another one?
    COG # 1066

Quote Originally Posted by FullAssault View Post
    I saw a ss cetme that had canted front sights.
    Not all stainless steel CETME's were Limited Editions. Century Arms had it's original assembly line in St. Albans, VT but that building had burned down from what I had read in an age old post.

When they moved production to Georgia, VT they built just a few more stainless steel receiver CETME's before switching over to the stamped models.

It's not to say every stainless steel CETME is problem free but for the most part ones that are marked St. Albans tend to be built better than CETME's marked Georgia.

Super Moderator
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=191377979

Here you go Milsurp; this was the 'Limited Edition' that was for sale yesterday.

The one listed below is still 'active' as of today.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=192516911

I still see SS Cast receivers for sale on GB if you wish to make another one?
    Thanks for the links. That was a good deal on that limited. Unfortunetly I'm out of kits to build anymore. 3 is enough anyway. Although I might've made that limited #4.
    "An armed society is a polite society"
    To old to fight, To slow to run, But I can still shoot!!!

COG#111

Yeah, that was a good deal on the limited, especially when the other SS receivered CETME is going for over $700. Perhhaps another build will be on the horizon at some point in the future...?
    COG # 1066