Thread: APEX magazines

APEX magazines

I guess we all know about APEX and how they are invaluable to the gun community, as suggested I purchased a couple magazines on the 2 FAL mags special, they came in today before I left to work and I am impressed with the deal and highly suggest this deal to my gun brethren, these came complete and functional and in a decent shaped magazine holder thingy pouch, I have looked all over and these run twice that amount.
    so any suggestions on cleaning these up? should I just strip them and heat paint them? have someone do a park job to them? I will rebuild the internals with Falcon parts to make them 922R compliant.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    Thomas Jefferson

Senior Veteran Evilblackgunsrfun's Avatar
    clean them up alittle befor refinishing them and see if they fit your mag well ok.
    i bought surplus stg58 mags that had a old finish on them that was sprayed over rust pits that looked like it was half tar and half house paint.
    i say this because my cai fal is mag picky on fit
    COG#99999

Quote Originally Posted by Evilblackgunsrfun View Post
    clean them up alittle befor refinishing them and see if they fit your mag well ok.
    i bought surplus stg58 mags that had a old finish on them that was sprayed over rust pits that looked like it was half tar and half house paint.
    i say this because my cai fal is mag picky on fit
    That reminds me of why I always wanted to buy original paint faded out cars over the ones with a nice fresh paint job.
    I always knew what I was getting.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    Thomas Jefferson

Senior Veteran Evilblackgunsrfun's Avatar
    i agree , i have bought acouple used cars with fresh paint and found out they had other problems down the road
    COG#99999

I got mine last week from APEX. I blasted one and left the other the dull gray finish. I used some "heavy duty" cammo flat black paint and it promptly came off when inserting it in the mag well. Even the one with an old finish has the rub marks from use so a refinish job will have to be HIGH QUALITY. The functioned perfect. One had a bend lip on the right rear that I bent out with the needle nose pliers. It's fine too.
    I've got 50 or so of those same little pouches that the G3 mags came in. I've give a dozen or more away to the kids around the neighboorhood to play..........heck anything to get them off the couch and in the sun.
    It always looks darkest.....just before it goes totally black.
    COG# 11M1P