Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schwarzlose

Schwarzlose

Any fans of the Austro-Hungarian Schwarzlose out there?

Yes Tanker Bob, I have been interested in them for a couple years now. Currently working on a semi version to be submitted to tech branch when completed. I have acquired a few extra torch cut receivers and spare parts too. Do you have a kit?
    CaptMax

Post some photos.

I hope you can take some shots and post them here. Most of the guns I've seen are funky old museum hulks that were just dusted off, welded up and put in a diorama.

It's a unique gun and has a cool, gnarly look to it. A number of Austro-Hungarian fighter aces used them on their WW-I biplanes instead of the Spandau and were quite successful.

The action is unique, too, and I hope you can show us the working guts.

Thanx, Man!

New Recruit
    Ya!! Keep us posted! I would be very interested in seeing the semi- version of the guts. Just picked up a dummy gun today

Senior Veteran

Schwarzlose info

http://www.hungariae.com/Schwarz.htm

lots of other Austro-Hungarian gun info also.

New Recruit
    is there any way to get this gun to function as a semi-auto? I'm very new to these guns so I did a quick Google search and pretty much all the articles give the same info (history) on the gun. I havn't seen anyone selling parts of functioning models,, any ideas?

link

Quote Originally Posted by slipface View Post
    http://www.hungariae.com/Schwarz.htm

lots of other Austro-Hungarian gun info also.
    great link

New Recruit
    This thread brings a smile to my face. I though I would be hard pressed to find another Schwarzlose collector. Well, I am not exactly a "Schwarzlose collector" as i only have one - still un-assembled. However it does fit nicely amongst other belt-feds.

Lets start with some pics folks.

update.. found some old pics.. here they are

Last edited by FredieUSA; 01-27-2013 at 06:15 PM.
    FredieUSA

Great pictures FredieUSA, Thank-you for posting them. The AA butt stock in your pictures is actually for a ZB37, not a Schwarzlose. I picked up a second Schwarzlose kit at Knob Creek this fall, it was missing several important parts. Thanks to a member over at Weapons Guild I now have almost all the parts. I have only seen one picture of a twin mount in AA configuration, thinking it would be really cool to assemble mine like that. I have searched for years to acquire original belts & ammo boxes for these guns. Would love to find the correct shield for the tripod but they just can't be found. Here are some pictures of a semi a friend of mine built, he even had BATFE check it for legalities and they approved it. Hope to get mine done before any new laws prevent it from happening. Enjoy the pictures.
    CaptMax

And here is a full auto from Dennis of Midwest Metals, he is working on a semi as well.

Bump for a thread that shouldn't be left to die. I can post more pictures if anyone would like, and I also have extra receiver pieces if anyone needs them for a build.
    Even if one of these were made into a gas gun it would be sweet. I bet the guys doing re-enacting would love one in the trenches.
    CaptMax