Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Swiss K-31

Senior Veteran

Swiss K-31

Anybody have one? What do you think about them? I like the fact they can use .308 size bullets if you load for them. I've read they're a quality built rifle, very accurate and the barrels are free floating. I've seen one in a gun shop some time ago and it spurred my curiosity but it was kinda pricey. They've gone down in cost a little and is within range. I wanted to get something to use at the club's ordnance matches....Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    " If Clemenza can figure out a way to plant that gun, then I'll kill them both. It's nothing personal Sonny. It's strictly business".... Michael Corleone

"Stick to your gun if you believe in something
    no matter what;
    cause it's better to be hated for who you are
    Than loved for someone you're not. Oh, and try to help someone out." Van Zant

RIP Old Grump6/6/2013
    Little hut in the woods, Blue River Wisconsin
    Brother has one, I bought the dies for it so I can reload. We both enjoy shooting at 100 yard targets and he has taken a deer with it.
    Roman Catholic, Life member, Libertarians, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

Senior Veteran
    Thanks,
    Part of my tax return is burning a hole in my pocket.....I'm kinda torn between a 1912/61 Steyr Chilean Mauser chambered in 7.62 NATO or the K-31. The Mauser costs a little more but I have dies and all the components.....
    " If Clemenza can figure out a way to plant that gun, then I'll kill them both. It's nothing personal Sonny. It's strictly business".... Michael Corleone

no matter what;

Senior Veteran
    I really like mine. Well constructed, really accurate, great trigger, and the straight-pull bolt action is really neat.

Awarded by a grateful public!

My dad gave me a K-11 years ago. No import marks. If you were to look at the metal only, you would swear it was just made. It is still very tight. The wood is rough. They are excellent shooters and the milsup ammo is the best looking milsurp you will ever see. I killed a few deer with mine but just don't plink with it much.
    It always looks darkest.....just before it goes totally black.
    COG# 11M1P

for a while i wondered why the lower part of the butt stock looked so bad and the rest of the rifle looked so good ( most look new). well, i had a collector tell me that they carried them in a case that covered the rifle except for the butt stock. when it was set down in the snow it just stayed wet. or hit rocks, etc. ( i have nothing to show if it is true or not.)
    mine looks this way.
    ron
    31B

Veteran
    great rifle gotta have more then one... I think Samco Global had ammo for it at a great price recently...

I have three K31's one is a project, I love these rifles! the K31 is very accurate and the surplus ammo the GP11 is very very good ammo for the money.
    I also have dies for reloading, I bought the Redding dies as they are the only ones truly made for the K31..
    funny you should ask my friend dropped his off for me to get ready
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    Thomas Jefferson

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by franks71vw View Post
    great rifle gotta have more then one... I think Samco Global had ammo for it at a great price recently...
    There all out of walnut stocked ones...I was kinda wanting one w/ a walnut stock.

no matter what;

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddymack View Post
    I have three K31's one is a project, I love these rifles! the K31 is very accurate and the surplus ammo the GP11 is very very good ammo for the money.
    I also have dies for reloading, I bought the Redding dies as they are the only ones truly made for the K31..
    funny you should ask my friend dropped his off for me to get ready
    Definitely would reload for the K-31

no matter what;