Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio

Knobcreek, Tusco is only about 30 minutes from me and I have never been there. I have a couple of friends that joined there and probably only went
    there 5-6 times if that. Rumor I heard last week was that they are not
    taking any new members unless someone drops out or croaks, don't know
    for sure though. There is a club about 5 minutes from my house that I go
    to when I feel up to it, and I plan on feeling up to it more this year. It isn't
    a big place, but it has target stands at 100 and 200 yards and you can put
    up your own where ever you like out to about 250-275 yards. Also there is
    a 1000 yard range close to me that looks real nice, but I have never been
    to it, plan on changing that too.

rep30, you don't have to be a member to shoot at the plate matches. It's open to anyone that has $5. As for getting a membership, I'll ask some of the guys I know to see what the deal is. I know with our club, we are trying to curb membership just to prevent overcrowding on the firing lines.
    Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:6-7:

Ti bullets? do tell...lathe turned?, what cal? and above all WHAT WEIGHT?...I'm sure your gonna get some mad FPS out of those

I may go tomorrow regardless of rain...I'll just wear the gore-tex flecktarn and stay under the overhead...
    "Daddies' rifle in my hand felt reassuring. He told me red means run, son, numbers add up to nothin'. When the first shot hit the dock, I saw it comin'--raised my rifle to my eye, never stopped to wonder why--then I saw black, and my face flashed in the sky..."
    Powderfinger, Neil Young

I've got an engineer friend who has access to machine shop where he's been experimenting at making some bullets and reloading brass for me. Told me his latest batch was using titanium and wanted to try them out. So, amd65, I maybe going to the range afterall. Gotta wait and see when my friend will be coming over. Not sure what the specs are on the rounds, but will most definately post when I find out.
    Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Born and raised in Lorain, so I can post here too. Real interested in the TI info when you get it as well. I grew up within sight of US Steel plant on the black river.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseye View Post
    Born and raised in Lorain, so I can post here too. Real interested in the TI info when you get it as well. I grew up within sight of US Steel plant on the black river.
    You should go visit Lorain; from what I hear, it's going through a rebirth and things are getting cleaned up. I used to play league softball games on the fields just behind the armory on Rt. 57. Loved playing in that league because it was known as a tough one....our team set the record for most fights started and won....of course, I think we only won one game in that season. LOL

yep, I grew up white in the wrong hood. Could see US Steel from the back yard and used to visit the shipyards to get iron ore pellets for the slingshots. Back then we could head on over to the shipyards and nail the perch by the bucket full then head back home for a grillout. I have heard it has changed drastically since I left.

welcome to come home to OH SteelCore...

Thanky kindly, man!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCore View Post
    Thanky kindly, man!
    That better be a Killian's Red, bro....