Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Irene

Hurricane Irene

So, aparently CT is rated to be 3rd hardest hit. Too little too late i realize how woefully underprepared. Dont have a lot of water or food on hand. After the storm (probably when we get a house in the next few months), we'll be getting a few crates of MREs, several 5 gal. water containers, etc. At least my firearms are cleaned and oiled in case we become the 3rd world. With the shoreline and NYC being evacuated, who knows what will happen to us here.

Gun Cleaning Products for the Discriminating Shooter - www.deweyrods.com

steady 25mph winds and lots of rain. got water food and generator fuel for 3 days. we will see how it goes. tump out
    clark COG#148 ,ar15,ak,sks,beretta neos, windicator,girsan 1911,others.

if you don't live in an area where hurricane happen often it is hard to plan for it.
    when you live on the gulf coast like i do we get a hurricanes often. usually 1 or 2 a year, most time we just get part of it so it is not so bad.

we have on hand enough stuff to last at least 2-4 weeks. plenty of toliet paper (#1 item), bottled water, canned food, etc. have your meds ready.
    we have natural gas, so cooking is not a problem, we have never lost the natural gas, (so far). the main thing is just be prepared and rotate your supplies.

i know all this is something you know now, but be as safe as you can.

good luck.
    ron
    31B

i did get more charcoal so even if we have to use the grill to boil water, we still can

Gun Cleaning Products for the Discriminating Shooter - www.deweyrods.com

Arkansas. up in the Northwest corner that is home of WalMart, Tyson Foods, and J.B.Hunt.
    I heard it's down to Cat 1 this morning. Still nasty enough. Good luck to all of you in the path.
    Time for the book "The Decline and Fall of the United States of America?"

I've heard it's been downgraded, but I've also heard that several Americans have already died from hurricane Irene.
    "A machine gun is any gun that can fire more than one shot with a single pull of the trigger, or a receiver of a machine gun, or a combination of parts for assembling a machine gun, or a part or set of parts for converting a gun into a machine gun."
    http://www.recguns.com/Sources/IIF1.html

tropical storm force winds, plenty of rain and some power outages on the mainland. we are holding our own so far. tump out
    clark COG#148 ,ar15,ak,sks,beretta neos, windicator,girsan 1911,others.

so far catagory one. when in reaches ct it will just be a tropical. (hopefully). talking about prepardness. if your not ready, your not alone. i work in a honda generator dealership. there is nothing left. i don't think you'll find one in all of ct or anywhere on the east coast. were in the repair buisness as well. whats killing me is people waiting until now to try and start theres. lets see here, its saturday, the storm is supose to be here tomarrow, and you want to know if we can fix it today.
    well thats not our usual response. for every five that have come in for repair, we've at least fixed four. i don't mind helping someone. but don't go off on me if i can't.

Quote Originally Posted by nonleathal View Post
    so far catagory one. when in reaches ct it will just be a tropical. (hopefully). talking about prepardness. if your not ready, your not alone. i work in a honda generator dealership. there is nothing left. i don't think you'll find one in all of ct or anywhere on the east coast. were in the repair buisness as well. whats killing me is people waiting until now to try and start theres. lets see here, its saturday, the storm is supose to be here tomarrow, and you want to know if we can fix it today.
    well thats not our usual response. for every five that have come in for repair, we've at least fixed four. i don't mind helping someone. but don't go off on me if i can't.
    I live by the 7P's rule: Proper prior planning prevents piss poor performance.
    It always looks darkest.....just before it goes totally black.
    COG# 11M1P

everybody ready?

sitting here at work, because were putting together the last of the generators. its about 5:25 pm, we usually close at noon. so while i'm here making everybody else's life easier; i'm hoping the wife and kids are doing o.k. on the last minute preperations.
    what's everybody here doing to get ready?