Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chinese Type 53 Mosin Nagant rifles for sale--

Chinese Type 53 Mosin Nagant rifles for sale--

I have not seen these for some time. In the last few days 3 online dealers have all listed them for $149.00. AIM Surplus
    http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...bine&groupid=6
    SOG http://www.southernohiogun.com/longg...3-carbine.html and
    Classic http://www.classicarms.us/firearms.htm . I don't have one, so ordered one myself. I guess a long overdue
    shipment came in?

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    I have not seen these for some time. In the last few days 3 online dealers have all listed them for $149.00. AIM Surplus
    http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...bine&groupid=6
    SOG http://www.southernohiogun.com/longg...3-carbine.html and
    Classic http://www.classicarms.us/firearms.htm . I don't have one, so ordered one myself. I guess a long overdue
    shipment came in?
    Possibly. I always remember reading those ads in Shotgun News where a company finds a large stockpile of "something" in the back of the warehouse.

That really would not surprise me. With the M44 jumping up to around $200.00 these Type 53s seem like a decent deal. Just looking at the pictures they don't appear to have been
    arsenal refinished like many of the Russian Nagants.
    Last edited by Buckshot; 02-03-2012 at 07:12 AM.

Veteran
    I picked one up a few years back...it was used and abused, but internals were good. Had the Chinese cartouches ALL over the stock. Almost like freckles....Good price at $150.

How does the chinese 53 compare to the original in quality, accuracy?
    Luv me some cosmoline!

Ears to the ground, nose to wind and my hackles are rising.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Windy View Post
    How does the chinese 53 compare to the original in quality, accuracy?
    I really don't know. I will be getting one in a couple of days from SOG. I also have a M44 I picked up recently I need to fire. I plan on taking them both to fire out at the same time.
    Again, I have never had a Type 53.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    I really don't know. I will be getting one in a couple of days from SOG. I also have a M44 I picked up recently I need to fire. I plan on taking them both to fire out at the same time.
    Again, I have never had a Type 53.
    Awesome! I look forward to hearing your comparison of them! I only own one Chinese rifle and it's type 56, a Sino/Soviet, which is the first year production when the Soviets where there overseeing the setup and production of the SKS for the Chinese. It is a solid rifle and very accurate for a SKS, very comparable to any of the Russians i've shot.
    If the type 53 is as good as my 56, I will definitely have to sneak one in under the warden's radar.
    Luv me some cosmoline!

Ears to the ground, nose to wind and my hackles are rising.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Windy View Post
    Awesome! I look forward to hearing your comparison of them! I only own one Chinese rifle and it's type 56, a Sino/Soviet, which is the first year production when the Soviets where there overseeing the setup and production of the SKS for the Chinese. It is a solid rifle and very accurate for a SKS, very comparable to any of the Russians i've shot.
    If the type 53 is as good as my 56, I will definitely have to sneak one in under the warden's radar.
    I would not wait to long, these could disappear very quickly! Yea, I'll let you know what I think (for what it is worth, lol). It should be in Tue/Weds. I'll check it over and fire both of them right away. Thankfully I live
    on my own farm, so I fire right out back of the house.

Buckshot, I'd really like to hear how yours turn out. Got mine from SOG and Its by far the most rusted out bore of any milsurp I've ever bought. I didn't expect it to look great but I was hoping for a decent shooter. I called SOG and the lady on the phone told me they have had no complaints(ya right) and that they wont reimburse any shipping transfer fees etc. She also told me they don't inspect bores of any rifles they sell only cosmetics. So guess Im stuck with it. And sog will never see another cent from me...
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by G View Post
    Buckshot, I'd really like to hear how yours turn out. Got mine from SOG and Its by far the most rusted out bore of any milsurp I've ever bought. I didn't expect it to look great but I was hoping for a decent shooter. I called SOG and the lady on the phone told me they have had no complaints(ya right) and that they wont reimburse any shipping transfer fees etc. She also told me they don't inspect bores of any rifles they sell only cosmetics. So guess Im stuck with it. And sog will never see another cent from me...
    That is BS, mine was the same as yours and I did a report on another post http://www.militaryfirearm.com/Forum...se-M53-Nagants I was told they had been
    getting many complaints and I even got a return number on mine. Like you, they would not pay return shipping. Anyway, look at the other post. PM me if you need more info.
    p.s. read the whole post, particulary reply #7. Please update that post with your info.
    Last edited by Buckshot; 02-23-2012 at 01:12 PM.
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible