Thread: Whatever happened to Sgt. Charles Dyer?

Arkansas. up in the Northwest corner that is home of WalMart, Tyson Foods, and J.B.Hunt.

Whatever happened to Sgt. Charles Dyer?

In late 2009 or early 2010, Charles Dyer--aka July4Patriot--was accused by ex-wife (or g/f, not sure which) of raping their 7 year-old daughter. During a "search for DNA evidence," an item was found that was allegedly an M-203 tube. He faced destructive device charges as well as rape charges.

A lot of people in the various patriot movements disavowed him, basically finding him "guilty" of the rape charges without waiting for him to get his trial.

After he was acquitted of the DD charges, apparently his home (trailer) was burned, relatives had been threatened, and he had been threatened, so he decided the whole deck was stacked against him, and took off.

In Aug. 2011 he was apprehended and that is the last news I can find about him. There is a pretty lengthy thread about this on the Ron Paul Forum. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eeper-ARRESTED

Anyone know how this has turned out?
    Last edited by mitchstoner; 04-03-2012 at 07:22 PM.
    Caution, tipping point approaching. Stand by, please.

Senior Veteran
    So far it looks like two mistrials and waiting on a third trial. I do know that the child in question refuted all the allegations on the stand and the ATF screwed the pooch royally on the DD charges and got their asses handed to them in court.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776.

I have never heard of this person, but am interested in the 203 tube part

I thought you could own an M 79 or M 203. A person could shoot flares, smoke grenades, tear gas grenades or practice rounds.
    What is the difference between a practice grenade fired from a 1903 or a M 203.
    I thought the actual Hand grenade was the part you could not own.

What about people who own cannon and mortar. I thought there was no regulation on those items. Just the ammo that goes in them.
    Or am I wrong?
    We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union

Senior Veteran
    What happened was the field agent measured it with of all things a pocket measuring tape and declared it to be 40mm. It turned out to be a 37mm. He was acquitted due to government misrepresentation (they claimed it was a stolen 40mm headed for Iraq). Beware ATF field "experts" with measuring tapes.

Arkansas. up in the Northwest corner that is home of WalMart, Tyson Foods, and J.B.Hunt.
    So they spent a bunch of our money trying him for possession of a flare gun?

I do find some humor in the name of the FBI agent apparently in charge of the whole mess, Agent Gene Poole.

And what reason would the FBI have for jurisdiction over either a child-rape case, or an illegal weapon case? Looks to me like local authorities should have been handling the rape, BATFE running the weapons charge.
    Caution, tipping point approaching. Stand by, please.

Senior Veteran
    The more I have dug into it the more I start to believe Dyers story. Wouldn't be the first time they have gone after someone that didn't want to play snitch for them (Randy Weaver).