Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ordered a Yugo SKS M59 from CAI...then........

Ordered a Yugo SKS M59 from CAI...then........

I went to the website and saw that they had fair condition Yugoslavian M59 SKSs for $139. Since I missed getting a better condition one from Classic back when they had tons...I decided to order one.

THEN....I went back to the website to look it over again for hecks-sake......and the ad was GONE...

Can it be that I ordered the LAST SKS M59 from CAI!?!??!

NOW I'm scared. If it's true......this was the last....and I mean LAST SKS they had in their warehouse. THIS was the SKS that the monkeys had been using to open crates with, use as a tent stake, play army with, drive nails with, etc...

Oh brother......I can't wait to see what in the heck shows up.......

Wow.

Yeah, it can be scary buying a rifle, sight-unseen.

My first Yugo SKS I got at a gunshow, and I really could not get a good look at the bore. it was a shooter's grade, for 129USD, and it had some serious wear. When I started the copper solvent process, the bbl had lotsa pitting in the last 6 inches of the muzzle, while the chamber was OK...still, I really desicded to examine a nicer re-arsenal at a local shop. it was 179USD, and I solde the other for what I had in it (minus the tons of cosmo cleaning---guy got it cleaner than I did) and bought the better one. It made all the diff...heck, instead of radium dots on the night sight, it has tritium tubes that still work! Also for accuracy, it is dead-on with irons for shooting bowling pins at 100-200yds...one shot, one pin down. (I always considered the 762x39 round to be short range at best, but I think that it may perform favorably out to 300yds...I'll find out this spring at the range.

Anyhow, I think you'll like the yugo, even if it does need some work. And if you don't, I bet you can sell it for what you paid for it by slinging it on yer shoulder at a gunshow.

I find it to group at about 4inches at 100yds shooting offhand with hasty sling or no sling, and 2inch groups off the bench at 100-200yds. It'll shoot twice as good as most AKs as far as accuracy and consistency, and will eat every kind of 762commi ammo I've put down the tube.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhorn789 View Post
    Can it be that I ordered the LAST SKS M59 from CAI!?!??!

NOW I'm scared. If it's true......this was the last....and I mean LAST SKS they had in their warehouse. THIS was the SKS that the monkeys had been using to open crates with, use as a tent stake, play army with, drive nails with, etc...

Oh brother......I can't wait to see what in the heck shows up.......
    Maybe it was being saved because Marshal Tito personally shot it in his underware or such.
    Still building bigger and better bombs for your brighter tommrows(aw heck and takeing them apart and demilling them for that tommrow too)

Veteran
    Longhorn, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Being the very last one, it probably came from Century's break room...probably the one they used to to blow shotguns through. The bore should clean up good, just watch for foil in the chamber.

Maybe it was their extra nice display rifle, the one they hoodwinked people with, then sent the beater----
    "Daddies' rifle in my hand felt reassuring. He told me red means run, son, numbers add up to nothin'. When the first shot hit the dock, I saw it comin'--raised my rifle to my eye, never stopped to wonder why--then I saw black, and my face flashed in the sky..."
    Powderfinger, Neil Young

Quote Originally Posted by amd65 View Post
    Maybe it was their extra nice display rifle, the one they hoodwinked people with, then sent the beater----
    Yeah yeah yeah!!!

I like the way you think..

That MUST be what it is!!!

Maybe it was being saved because Marshal Tito personally shot it in his underware or such.

LMAO...THAT MADE MY DAY

Veteran
    I go to Samco Global they have tons I paid 129.99 plus tax I did pick up 4 rifles at the time so i got a 20 dollar discount lol oh and that was for an excellent condition shiny bore and stock was great.

Update

I received this email today about my order..

Way to go Century!

"Your order from Thursday, March 08, 2007 10:00 from Century International Arms/FACSUPPLY.com has a status update in which the status has changed from :

Payment Received to Order Cancelled on Monday, March 12, 2007 11:27

The order status update message is: Unfortunately we are sold out of these guns and will have to cancel your order. "

Oh well.........

Well reading that, this comes to mind.
    Still building bigger and better bombs for your brighter tommrows(aw heck and takeing them apart and demilling them for that tommrow too)