Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 80% RSP Owners PLEASE READ

80% RSP Owners PLEASE READ

It seems the rules are changing for the 80% RSP being sold. Check out this thread to see what seems to be coming down the pipe:

http://www.1919a4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9552

The scary part is how this could pertain to all home builds.

i predict AK flats to be next, they can be assembled with hand tools!

Charlie Don't Surf

I've kept up with this for the past fews days. I think its important and we keep our heads to see what happens. Worst case, I'm out 2 RSPs and I have to buy 2 more 100% plates and a couple of sets of rivets. While the whole situation worries me, I'm just going to wait and see what happens. A lot of the thread going on their is just speculation.

To keep up with the facts, http://www.halomfg.com/ .

Veteran
    I think some of the responses on the 1919 board are doing us no good. The outcome of this will have an effect on home building. I think the most important thing is that we all stand behind Halo and support his efforts to beat this.

I see he is suspending 1919 plates but says nothing about vickers. Hopefully mine is on it's way here.

Pirate... Welcome aboard over here!

Yeah I still want a Vickers plate too!

I agree with you guys. The best tactic right now is a wait and see approach and to support Halo. This may (hopefully) will turn into just a scare. I just knew there builders over here that might not be aware this was even going on.

As to the "hand tool" issue, couldn't any block of steel be considered a firearm with that logic? I mean with enough time/effort and a file and drill couldn't anything be turn firearm? Just playing devil's advocate here

Veteran
    Thanks for the welcome, It seems like a great site.
    As for Halo, he has stopped all plate production and gun building. From what I know of the situation my understanding is that this is going to be the first round in a major move against incomplete receivers for home builders.

I think 2 of the objectives of this are to prevent those who are not allowed to legally own guns from getting parts to build them, and to prevent parts for building banned guns being sent into states where they are banned.

The one thing that is certain is that Michael is in a fight for his freedom, and the outcome will affect us all. the important thing is to stand behind him and give him all the support we can.

I also think it is important to mind what is said on the forums, some of the statements being made in other places are really not in the best interests of gun owners and the keyboard commandos making them are doing all of us harm.

Charlie Don't Surf

I agree Pirate and thats why I have stayed away from the threads going on elsewhere. Just keep our heads and offer what support we can.

Sounds like sound advice Tanker. It may well be that 1919 builds are an easy target for BATF as there is no way to justify the build as a sporting type weapon, and the comments in treads being made without thought of who exactly may be reading them... I was thinking the same thing when watching the Utube video's of guy's Bump firing their AK's for all to see... Seems like working counter purpose and making people think they are shooting on full auto.. Which in these times are not a well thought out plan....
    People from Seattle don't tan... They rust!!

#4318 of the COG ~~Resistance is futile~~