Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Stealth ship to be auctioned off ?

  1. #1
    RicePaddyDaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    N.C.
    Posts
    3,186
    Rep Power
    382

    Stealth ship to be auctioned off ?

    http://defensetech.org/2012/04/27/wh...-stealth-ship/

    Maybe we could all chip in and buy this unit.It would make a hell of a bass boat or ski boat or swamp buggy or think of using it duck hunting.

  2. #2
    Buckshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northwest corner, Arkansas
    Posts
    11,645
    Rep Power
    704
    Quote Originally Posted by RicePaddyDaddy View Post
    http://defensetech.org/2012/04/27/wh...-stealth-ship/

    Maybe we could all chip in and buy this unit.It would make a hell of a bass boat or ski boat or swamp buggy or think of using it duck hunting.
    I thinkl the terms of sale say it has to be reduced to scrap
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

  3. #3
    RicePaddyDaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    N.C.
    Posts
    3,186
    Rep Power
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    I thinkl the terms of sale say it has to be reduced to scrap
    We couldn't demil it,camo paint it and use for at least a duck blind ?

  4. #4
    Senior Veteran Totenschädel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    221
    Rep Power
    94
    It's stealth how are they gonna find we didn't scrap it?

  5. #5
    RicePaddyDaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    N.C.
    Posts
    3,186
    Rep Power
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by Totenschädel View Post
    It's stealth how are they gonna find we didn't scrap it?
    Good thinking...you and I should have high placed government jobs.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    103
    Betcha a Chinese firm buys it and dismantles it while blueprinting and copying everything

  7. #7
    Senior Veteran cfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Eastern, NC
    Posts
    1,943
    Rep Power
    159
    WOW, the opening bid for the entire get up was 10,000.00 dollars. No wonder were going broke. I bet we spent 100 mil plus building the darn thing. RPD, I think it would make a great duck blind. ou could cut hatch doors in the hulls and place hunters down both hulls. When the ducks fly over the hatch doors fly open and the hunters blast away. 164 feet, man thats a lot of hunters. I hope it has a decent galley!!!


    COG#1963

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Arkansas. up in the Northwest corner that is home of WalMart, Tyson Foods, and J.B.Hunt.
    Posts
    3,078
    Rep Power
    316
    1983 technology? What would still be secret? I'm sure any electronics/armaments are already stripped out of it.

    Why not sell it to some maritime security outfit to put off the coast of Somalia? Shippers would probably be happy to pay several grand a day for piracy protection during the period their ships are traversing those waters.
    Time for the book "The Decline and Fall of the United States of America?"

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Midland, TX (The Desert)
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchstoner View Post
    1983 technology? What would still be secret? I'm sure any electronics/armaments are already stripped out of it.

    Why not sell it to some maritime security outfit to put off the coast of Somalia? Shippers would probably be happy to pay several grand a day for piracy protection during the period their ships are traversing those waters.
    My thoughts exactly, makes you wonder just what we have hidden away in a bay some where?

  10. #10
    Senior Veteran Totenschädel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    221
    Rep Power
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by nauner View Post
    Betcha a Chinese firm buys it and dismantles it while blueprinting and copying everything
    They will be smarter than "Those Yankee Pig Dog Capitalists" and replace all the steel with plywood.

    Look at the stuff the stole from the russians and found a new way to make it cheaper and lower quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchstoner View Post
    1983 technology? What would still be secret? I'm sure any electronics/armaments are already stripped out of it.

    Why not sell it to some maritime security outfit to put off the coast of Somalia? Shippers would probably be happy to pay several grand a day for piracy protection during the period their ships are traversing those waters.
    This is my guess as well. Stealth is aided by the shape but the real trick lies into the sensor suite. Also they wont be selling it ready to rock with some firepower.

    So I must retract my bid

    Honestly if it doesn't need to be cut up, a hotel or day trip would suit this perfectly. If I was a millionaire Tom Clancy fan, I'd pay to pretend to be James Bond for a day.

Similar Threads

  1. Zumwalt - U.S. Navy's new ship
    By Buckshot in forum Current Events/RKBA
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-18-2012, 02:13 PM
  2. Stealth mag holder
    By nevada in forum Handguns
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-31-2011, 07:36 PM
  3. WTS/T Daewoo K1A1. KCMO will ship
    By kristop64089 in forum For Sale
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-10-2010, 11:58 AM
  4. Heritage Stealth 40 (c2300) Mags.
    By HondaCowboy82 in forum Handguns
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-20-2009, 11:21 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •