Thread: M/Sgt says no to Chinese boots

M/Sgt says no to Chinese boots

Royal Australian Army Medical Corp: We Bury Our Mistakes!

Senior Veteran
    We should buy as much of our military gear from a potential adversary as possible. Just makes sense

Arkansas. up in the Northwest corner that is home of WalMart, Tyson Foods, and J.B.Hunt.
    Didn't we have a similar issue with Chinese made berets?

There is something so fundamentally un-American about getting even one piece of military gear from any potentially hostile nation, it just about makes me want to tear someone's head off and S__T down his neck.
    Time for the book "The Decline and Fall of the United States of America?"

Senior Veteran
    Hawaii, Big Island. Middle of nowhere in the middle of nowhere. :)
    I bought a pair of china made boots like that. Was looking for lightweight hoping for cooler feet in the Hawaii heat. Was wearing jungle boots before that but those are MUCH harder to get away with here in Hawaii - unless you want to look like a punk skater. Which I don't.

Boots were pure junk. Haven't held up well at all even though I only wore them when work requires. Most of the time I can get away with "slippahs" so the the wear and tear on the boots is really pathetic. Nothing lightweight is going to hold up to any kind of serious abuse. I bought some solid leather chukka's, got out the merino wool socks and have never looked back.

This is what we get when too many decisions are made by bean counters and not soldiers. Hell, any solid outdoorsman will tell you that light boots aren't for serious wear and tear. These are ~soldiers~ not REI featherweight backpackers.

Arkansas. up in the Northwest corner that is home of WalMart, Tyson Foods, and J.B.Hunt.
    It is truly amazing how many name-brand shoes and boots are now made in China. Along with power tools, computers and phones, housewares, dang near everything. Even quite a bit of decent quality. Should be, they learned about manufacturing from us, in large part.

I have even heard there is a Chinese AR clone available in Canada. Wouldn't doubt a lot of rails and fore-ends and stocks, not to mention the optics, already are coming here from China.
    Time for the book "The Decline and Fall of the United States of America?"

Way to go MSgt!!

On a similar note; yesterday I pointed to my son (18yrs old) that some USA flags are made in china. I told him that is as wrong as two boys kissing. Though it's getting more difficult wach day, I try to buy American as much as I can.
    The proud great x5 grandson of an American Revolution veteran!

Hey it's not like those chinese made parts are causing F22s to fall apart!

wait...

Well pun aside I'd like to make a more serious comment about this issue. Just like anything else, with out sourcing it's all about how tight you keep your leash. Also what kind of money time and effort you put into setting things up.

Henry Ford hired the Irish (at the time this was like hiring illegals) paid them the best he could and we got cars. Lots and lots of well made cars. I always thing a good wage profit sharing etc do help in a production system, but that's the economist in me.

Your fancy pants Iphone? It's made in China, tons of things you don't think are made there are made there, and not just in china many products in many lands. It's all about how you keep things running at the plant.

If you let them cheap out they will and do, like in the case of these boots. Parts in the f22 etc. My 10 year old Sony (made in china) tv is still kicking strong because Sony makes sure they make a good TV.

Trace the lines of who gave someone that contract. It's not china's fault they want to work and make things. Just like anyone else industrializing they are going to cut corners, if you let them.

Totenschädel, you are right about cutting corners but we should not do business with countries that use their citizens as slaves to make money for the state like they do! My buddy moved here on a visa and went to college to finish a degree! He went back to China and was at his village visiting on a trip I was supposed to go with him on! He and most of his family were rounded up and taken to a huge apartment complex and bussed or had to walk to a work assignment camp. It was three years before I heard from him again! It took three more years for him to get back here but it was nothing less than jumping ship and applying for asylum with the photos of the workshops and crowded living quarters and bad food and no healthcare. The abuse was a total different story too long for a post! He's never going back! That's for sure!

I feel we should build everything and assemble everything here for our military and feed them from our own products! you think maybe Iran can make us some nukes better or cheaper or maybe higher quality?
    We have never needed any new laws to govern decent law abiding citizens!

Just to enforce the old laws on the NEW ARRIVALS!

Quote Originally Posted by rpmfly2 View Post
    Totenschädel, you are right about cutting corners but we should not do business with countries that use their citizens as slaves to make money for the state like they do! My buddy moved here on a visa and went to college to finish a degree! He went back to China and was at his village visiting on a trip I was supposed to go with him on! He and most of his family were rounded up and taken to a huge apartment complex and bussed or had to walk to a work assignment camp. It was three years before I heard from him again! It took three more years for him to get back here but it was nothing less than jumping ship and applying for asylum with the photos of the workshops and crowded living quarters and bad food and no healthcare. The abuse was a total different story too long for a post! He's never going back! That's for sure!

I feel we should build everything and assemble everything here for our military and feed them from our own products! you think maybe Iran can make us some nukes better or cheaper or maybe higher quality?
    Sadly it's part of the beast that is industrializing a nation. No where has anyone made that change over with out a lot of brutal abuses.

Heck here, our orphanages were more like a picking ground for cheap labor. So it's more a moral debate on who's at fault the nation or the act of industrialization. But that's another debate.

I do see your point and am not trying to be argumentative, I'm trying to say with we know that many people here know that's part of the deal and some feel dealing with China is not a good thing. We need to see who's letting these deals go. No matter where and what we'll always have a shady option, it's on us if we let the people who take the shady deal in our government.

The story you posted, I can't doubt that at all, I've heard the round ups that happen are getting less and less as they've pretty much got everyone they can. So that means it's happened a lot. For a long time. It's sad and scary to think anywhere in the world that can still happen though.