Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hank_Scorpio has been banned

Administrator

Hank_Scorpio has been banned

Unfortunately I have had to ban Hank Scorpio. This forum will not tolerate members abusing the privileges of the marketplace here. I have given him every opportunity to straighten this situation out, and he has failed to do so.

http://www.militaryfirearm.com/Forum...m-hank-scorpio
    " Little by little the look of the country changes because of the men we admire. "

HANG IN THERE
    WE'LL BE BACK!

wow thats a surprise.
    IS THERE A SECTION FOR MY DEATH STAR ON MILITARYFIREARM.COM?

Edited
    Last edited by HKaltwasser; 07-08-2012 at 12:34 PM.

Senior Veteran
    I applaud the moderators for taking swift action. New members should ask for references before doing trades/purchases.

New Recruit
    I strongly believe that, as a buyer, if you know of anyone who is not conducting their business in an honest manner (No matter what forum it is on), you have a responsibility to let everyone know about the situation. We do not have a fraud department (with a money back guarantee) on any of these forums. We only have the users speaking up when someone is doing wrong to protect us. Thanks to k98k792 for your decisive action.

Senior Veteran

I'm a bit surprised by all this, he's been selling on various forums for years. I bought some stuff from him a couple years ago and would have given him a good ref, I'm sure others would have as well. I hate to see anyone get taken, it's happened to me as well.

I would guess that what HKaltwasser means is that he was not personally burned on a deal, so that it is not first hand knowledge. While one could criticize him for keeping it to himself, one could also say that he is being responsible and not getting involved in a flame war -- that knife cuts both ways.

I too see no sense in spreading news that I cannot substantiate by means other that gossip.
    Joe
    COG#1453

I'm making the assumption that someone that's banned can't post or send PM's. This got me to wondering how a banned person would get in touch of a moderator to clear their name if say, they were gone on vacation or worse (in hospital) during the time period that an occurrence happened. Wouldn't it suck if your life turned sour and you came to only to find out that you were banned from a site due to circumstances outside of your control? Just food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by jdowney View Post
    I'm a bit surprised by all this, he's been selling on various forums for years. I bought some stuff from him a couple years ago and would have given him a good ref, I'm sure others would have as well. I hate to see anyone get taken, it's happened to me as well.

I would guess that what HKaltwasser means is that he was not personally burned on a deal, so that it is not first hand knowledge. While one could criticize him for keeping it to himself, one could also say that he is being responsible and not getting involved in a flame war -- that knife cuts both ways.
    This is exactly right. I have not personally been burned by him, therefor I didn't see any reason to warn anyone without first hand experience. I'm not trying to spread rumors or start anything, this was just feedback that I read about him. If people are claiming gossip now, just imagine what they would claim before this incident if I would have warned. I will gladly edit my post if anyone sees this as flaming on someone that can't defend themself.
    Last edited by HKaltwasser; 07-08-2012 at 12:32 PM.

I for one believe you did right in keeping your council. Perhaps if I saw something bad coming to someone in a deal I might send them a PM on the subject, but I wouldn't go public in a post without solid evidence, and lacking that silence is what I would've practiced as you did. Sending a link to the origins of the bad feedback is good also.
    Some of us here would have fared much better on a particular bipod experience if we'd just taken time to read the feedback on a certain individual because the signs were there for all to see. I would really enjoy seeing this man redeem himself and make it right with Tankjeepman.
    Joe
    COG#1453