Thread: Change on instant name check forms

Change on instant name check forms

I have filled these forms out so many times I do them out of habit, without really reading them. The last one I recently filled out I was given back and
    asked to finish filling out the race section. I said I already had and was told they had added to it and I had 2 boxes to check now. In addition to
    checking "white" I had to check "hispanic" or "non-hispanic" boxes. The only reason I can see for it is for BATF to collect data on buyer trends, which I
    figured they already did from the name checks. Definately not trying to advocate anything alarming about it. It just seem kind of silly, as it
    does nothing for the actual purpose of the instant name check. Oh, I never fill out the social security number box and still always have my
    name checks instantly approved.
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

Done to clarify the rules for non immigrant aliens admitted to the US under a visa. Here is a copy from the letter describing the reasons for the change...I won't tell you how I feel about it, you can make up your own mind.

Section A:
    Question 10. This item has been divided into two sections: Race and Ethnicity. You must select at least one race in item 10.b. regardless of ethnicity designation selected in item 10.a. Both items must be answered.
    Question 11.l. This item was amended to clarify that this category of prohibited persons is limited to aliens who are admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa.
    Question 12. This item was amended to clarify that this category of prohibited persons is limited to aliens who are admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa.

Section B:
    Question 20c. Proof of 90 days continuous residency is no longer required for any alien.
    Question 20d. (Renumbered Question 20c.) This item was amended to clarify that this category of prohibited persons is limited to aliens who are admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa.
    Last edited by bladeworks123; 08-22-2012 at 08:38 PM.
    BATTLEMENT ARMS
    www.battlementarms.com

And if you are really bored, you can read our Illustrious Attorney General Holder's document that made those two little boxes show up on the form...

Here

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2012...2012-13770.pdf
    BATTLEMENT ARMS
    www.battlementarms.com

If Holder is involved that explains everything I won't even say what I am thinking.

I always check other......and tell them im a druid.
    Humping all that rock for stonehenge has given me a grumpy personality
    when it comes to govt forms.
    If its to bright....call ELLIOT LUCAS.!

Our tax dollars hard at work! This way they can say they "took steps" to making it harder for ineligible people to purchase a firearm... blah blah blah... We all know it's BS but someone in Washington has to justify their job.
    USMC Uncle Sam's Misguided Children

Quote Originally Posted by brewskzilla View Post
    Our tax dollars hard at work! This way they can say they "took steps" to making it harder for ineligible people to purchase a firearm... blah blah blah... We all know it's BS but someone in Washington has to justify their job.

Amen, 80+ percent of the paperwork/regulations they burden us with is just an government employee trying to justify his job and next promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by brewskzilla View Post

Making it harder was not actually the stated objective, The sought after result was to make it easier or fairer to legal aliens to purchase firearms. This change does away with the previous requirement that they prove 90 days of residency in the state they are buying the firearm in. In the letter I received it clearly says,,, “Once the regulations have been revised, both U.S. citizens and aliens legally present in the U.S. will be subject to the same requirements for State residency and proof of residency”

I doubt that this was done for any other reason than for showing support to legal aliens, and guaranteeing them the same rights to purchase a firearm as anyone else. The timing of it smells bad to me, with the election and the Fast and Furious thing going on, but I won't get all conspiracy theory on this yet.
    BATTLEMENT ARMS
    www.battlementarms.com