Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TAC-LATCH II Paddle Mag Release

Talking TAC-LATCH II Paddle Mag Release

http://www.taclatch.com/

The Tac-Latch II is a very inexpensive (approx $54) and easy to install paddle mag release for HKs, Cetmes and PTR91s. This is a drop in installation where no permanent modifications are required on HKs and Stamped receiver Cetmes. It simply attaches to the existing button Mag release.

I installed one of these on a stamped receiver Cetme. It only took about ten min to install and was very easy to use. once again it was a drop in installation and required no modifications.

I have since installed the Tac-Latch II on both of my PTRs. This was also a very simple installation. However there are some very slight permanent modifications required to the JLD receiver. There is a little extra material on the JLD and Cast Cetme receivers toward the very back of the magazine well. This extra material can be removed in a few min using a dremel tool and a cutting wheel. I have attached some pics to show the area that needs to be removed. I hope this helps.

Caution: Tac-Latch II now has a disclaimer on their site saying that this may not be a legal modification on a PTR. This disclaimer was not on their site at the time I purchased and modified my PTRs. I am not a lawyer and I do not have a letter from the ATF. However, since this modification does not require any holes to be drilled in the receiver and does not make it possible to attach a select-fire trigger group, by my reading of the law it should not be in violation. This is just my opinion.

On the Tac Latch II site they have the basic installation instructions:

http://www.taclatch.com/install.htm
    Last edited by The Great 308; 03-09-2007 at 01:14 PM.

Thanks for the pics, Great .308 - I just ordered one!

Looks good Thanks for the info

(how bout some bigger pix [or links to such] cuz i cant read those)
    Wave goodbye to virii and malware, Linux for human beings. http://www.ubuntu.com
    UNofficial MilitaryFirearm.com Chat

Thumbs up I'll second everything good said about them!

Since i have 4 in the kits I have finished and more on the way besides making paddle mag parts kits for my kits so i can put them in later! they are simple and work great!

Quote Originally Posted by nalioth View Post
    Looks good Thanks for the info

(how bout some bigger pix [or links to such] cuz i cant read those)

I edited my post. I tried to make the pics a little better but I am not to good with the photo software and with paint. I hope it is a little better.

Great 308 - how much metal did you take off the PTR and did you also file the shelf?

Quote Originally Posted by Patria Povo View Post
    Great 308 - how much metal did you take off the PTR and did you also file the shelf?
    I am not exactly sure how much metal I had to remove but it really wasn't very much and it was a long time ago that I did this. I did not have to remove any metal from the shelf. I think if you look at the pictures again you can see it was just the sheet metal that had to be ground down.

Wait.lemme get this straight...

SO, you used to push the mag release button on the right side of the rifle to drop then mag, but now you...

"Press the Tac-Latch II thumb paddle sideways from left to right with the left thumb as shown in Illustration #1."

Well, I'm left-handed, and I enjoy the lefty-friendly nature of the mechanism as-is. I can see how this would really increase the righty friendliness of the mechanism tho.

I really enjoy how left-hand shooter friendly the CETME is.

Great product review, man.

I had to oder a genuine G3 mag release button when I put one on my PTR, the JLD was different and wouldn't work. I like mine very much.
    RRRROOOWWWRRR PHHT PHHT I AM THE FORCE!

TAC-LATCH II will work on the PTR91!

Quote Originally Posted by nevada View Post
    I had to oder a genuine G3 mag release button when I put one on my PTR, the JLD was different and wouldn't work. I like mine very much.
    Do you mean that the Tac Latch II wouldn't work on your PTR?

If so as I have said in this review and my pictures show the Tac-Latch II can be made to work perfectly on the PTR with only very slight modification I have installed one on both of my PTRs.

This is functionally as good as the original paddle mag release as long as you are right handed. In fact IMHO the design of Tac-Latch II actually makes mag changes quicker since the release is engaged by the thumb of the left hand as the rest of the hand wraps around the mag. Also this is a much cheaper alternative.

I Will say that the original G3 paddle mag release when professionally installed looks very nice. I may have an original G3 paddle release installed when I have my PSG1/MSG90 clone built.
    Last edited by The Great 308; 04-01-2007 at 01:23 PM.