Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WARNING - Militariapress.com .308 Tracers

WARNING - Militariapress.com .308 Tracers

Has anyone fired any of these or bought from the company?
    I bought some LC 05 stamped tracers at a gunshow packaged by http://www.militariapress.com/
    Couldn't find them on their website. No info other than an email address either
    Sunday I fired one that I had forgotten was in my mag of PPU rds & it blew the mag apart & deposited the last 2 rds along with the mag floorplate, follower & spring onto my feet !

The only damage I could find is a ring on my boltface around the FP hole,,,,
    What else should I examine before firing again?

Anyone have recommendations on any action I should take if my gun is damaged & how to track them down,,,
    I suspect they maynot have a physical address but only a website & Gunshow presence.

Thx
    Jeff
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow What a Ride"** ~ HUNTER S. THOMPSON

Assault is a Behavior, not a Gun or Device.

I have no idea how to track them down and I hope you don't have to. I would check the gas rings in the bolt to make sure they didn't blow out.
    For those who fought for it, freedom holds a flavor the protected will never know. Those who hammer their guns into plows-will plow for those who do not. Thomas Jefferson

Try this out...

http://independentretailer.com/2010/...r-enthusiasts/

Looks like from the address that the owner also owns the street the business is located on....but at least there are a couple of phone numbers
    Last edited by bladeworks123; 09-19-2012 at 05:20 PM.
    BATTLEMENT ARMS
    www.battlementarms.com

Different address, different phone number, same website.... The only number that would be better than this one would be 8675-309.

http://www.merchantcircle.com/busine...s.912-693-6536
    BATTLEMENT ARMS
    www.battlementarms.com

Thx Blades,,,
    I'll be all over them in the AM
    Gas Rings on a Cetme ?
    I'm kinda worried about possible cracks in the chamber or trunion

PS
    Did you guys notice that they have some H & K 91/.308 CAL(30rd)blue mags for $21.95 ?
    Last edited by hunkyfish; 09-19-2012 at 05:37 PM.
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow What a Ride"** ~ HUNTER S. THOMPSON

Have you checked to make sure there isn't a projectile in the barrel? But yes, I would have it thoroughly checked from muzzle to butt stock. To blow the magazine out, it was either an out of battery or failure of the bolt to hold back pressure. Out of battery would likely show up with some damage to the receiver like bulging or deforming it a bit. A squib load or a bullet that didn't clear the barrel completely before the next one came along will show up as a ringer or bulge in the barrel if not a split. Check your gap as well.

Your OP didn't specify that this happened in a CETME.
    BATTLEMENT ARMS
    www.battlementarms.com

Sorry about that,,,, I don't own a complete AR yet,, LOL
    I swabbed the barrel as soon as the smoke cleared,,, haven't found any cracks or bulges, it's a Century SS receiver & the gap is still a tight 17
    & Thx again Guys
    I do love this gun & I have just gotten all of it's bugs worked out

Quote Originally Posted by hunkyfish View Post
    Sorry about that,,,, I don't own a complete AR yet,, LOL
    I swabbed the barrel as soon as the smoke cleared,,, haven't found any cracks or bulges, it's a Century SS receiver & the gap is still a tight 17
    & Thx again Guys
    I do love this gun & I have just gotten all of it's bugs worked out
    You may have escaped in good shape. Usually if you crack a trunnion, your gap will disappear, not always, depending on where it cracked. And with the cast receiver,,,,it might be strong enough to have held everything together, so I would still proceed with caution. Clean the beejeezus out of the trunnion and get yourself a dental mirror and good strong light and look the inside of the trunnion over real good. Or if you have any buddies in the X-ray business, might be a good time to call and ask them what kind of beer they drink...
    BATTLEMENT ARMS
    www.battlementarms.com

My mistake. For some reason I thought you were speaking about an AR. I have to start paying more attention. Your post said nothing about an AR, but it said nothing about a cetme either. Just a mix up on my end . Sorry about that I feel a bit foolish but it is not the first time. And this is a very forgiving group.
    For those who fought for it, freedom holds a flavor the protected will never know. Those who hammer their guns into plows-will plow for those who do not. Thomas Jefferson

This is a Great Group !
    & it was my mistake not mentioning what gun I was shooting
    Got the news a few minutes ago that my uncle had another stroke this afternoon so the mirror & flashlight can wait