Thread: century c91

New Recruit

century c91

hello- first let me say that i'm reading all the stickies on bolt gap and am learning allot. This rifle i bought has C91 on it, is it considered a cetme or a G3?

Quote Originally Posted by ccrider61 View Post
    hello- first let me say that i'm reading all the stickies on bolt gap and am learning allot. This rifle i bought has C91 on it, is it considered a cetme or a G3?
    C91 is a G3 platform, or more correctly an Hk91 clone. But yes, Hk not CETME.
    Last edited by bladeworks123; 09-30-2012 at 01:42 PM.
    BATTLEMENT ARMS
    www.battlementarms.com

New Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeworks123 View Post
    C91 is a G3 platform, or more correctly an Hk91 clone.
    Thanks-I see you in allot of posts. I wish you lived closer so you could look over my rifle !

Thanks-I see you in allot of posts. I wish you lived closer so you could look over my rifle !

That's just because I'm a gabby old fart, that can't sit still for too long. Lot's of knowledgeable guys on this forum and I'll bet you find that you have someone pretty close. But for the most part, I can't think of any DRB owner who ever had a problem that the guys on this forum with their collective knowledge couldn't help fix. When I joined this forum several years ago, I had a pretty good knowledge of Hk rifles but not the CETME. The guys here have contributed more than you can imagine to my understanding of CETMES, and the discussions held here have inspired many of us to search for better understandings and even, I think, stumble onto some truths and help clear up some common misconceptions. Which is exactly what you are doing.... Welcome aboard.
    BATTLEMENT ARMS
    www.battlementarms.com

New Recruit Private
    hello- first let me say that i'm reading all the stickies on bolt gap and am learning allot.
    Me too, Me too! lol, My son just gave me one of these and I gotta say I am impressed with the way its built! (esp. after reading some Century Arms horror stories, that in all fairness seems to pertain to to their CETME offerings) Mine is very accurate and the recoil is soft (I'm used to 308's in bolt guns), Well I gotta say it's my new fave gun I like learning and tinkering with new "bang" toys/projects, so this has been a very interesting subject, the engineering theory is IMHO awsome (gotta love the web and google) I checked my bolt gap with a piece of card stock that junk mail is printed on and it slipped right in so I'm assuming the gap is there don't know the measurement but its gotta be better than zero gap lol. Gun shoots soooo sweet that I think I'm gonna scope it, as I already sent the trigger pack to B. Springfield to work his magic on. I'm jazzed as to the power the 7.62 has over the 5.56 (AR/M4 platform) that i've been playing with for the last 28 years or so (yes I'm getting along in age). Sorry for the rant; I think with age things tend to get a bit boring so anything new to learn about is a very welcome thing.......plus it looks Killer, and the parts options are real "Sears Catalogue" fare! lol