Thread: Winchester PDX1 ammo

Veteran

Winchester PDX1 ammo

So with the run on ammo I'm seeing across the country I decided to get some while I can....seems all the cheap plinking and surplus ammo is GONE!! I bought some of the new Winchester PDX1 ammo for my .45 acp and 45 colt also for my 12 g and 410.
    The newest stuff out there is the PDX1 .308 120 grain http://www.walmart.com/ip/Winchester...Grain/21694978
    I bought 3 boxes but haven't shot it through my cetme yet (at 35 bucks a box -o-twenty..I don't really want too)
    Has anyone fed this through their CIA Cetme's yet?

I haven't seen or bought any of the ammo you speak of, and I can't recomend you firing 308 rounds through your cetme. The weapon is made to fire the 7.62x51 nato round. If you do fire it you should keep a broken shell extractor handy.
    For those who fought for it, freedom holds a flavor the protected will never know. Those who hammer their guns into plows-will plow for those who do not. Thomas Jefferson

Veteran
    Mabey your right..I'm not sure however. Granted since I bought my cetme 2 yrs ago I made one purchase of 400 rnds of German DAG.
    I've only ever used this ammo since I bought the gun (down to 220 rds now) Nato spec is sold out EVERYWHERE, every sight I can find. Every local store in driving distance too.
    I read many testimonies of Cetme owners who have shot hundreds of rounds of both .308 and 7.62 Nato without incident or the need to manually extract a shell.
    I'm not a CETME guru nor am I challenging any knowledge you may have...but this video kinda ends the argument for me...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wss_sapVejU
    I'm gonna put 20 rnds of this stuff downrange this weekend and see for myself.
    If I get a problem then I'll PM you a " You were Right".
    Otherwise I do thank you for at least responding.

It is really not a matter of right or wrong. The disccussion about 308 and 7.62 has gone on and on for years and years. I haven't owned a cetme in quite a few years, sold it to help fund my first H&K91, but I did have trouble with 308 brass. The old girl would rip the case heads right off and leave the neck in the chamber. If you check the stickies there is some good info on this already posted. Now I'm not saying you will have this problem you very well may not. Some people I know shoot 308 thru their rifles and say they have no problems. Just a heads up to give you an idea what to look out for. I also know people that have no problems with steel cased ammo, wolf and tula, and the like in their cetmes. Enjoy your shooting and I hope all goes well.
    For those who fought for it, freedom holds a flavor the protected will never know. Those who hammer their guns into plows-will plow for those who do not. Thomas Jefferson

Veteran
    k ty for the heads up, like I said I've not shot any commercial through it and this is the only stuff I could find at a local store.
    I think this particular ammo IS steel cased( that or it's shiny silver brass)...is there such a thing?
    Cheers.

Most likely nickel plated brass. I haven't had any problems with .308 in my CETME, but you may, who knows? Some do some don't.
    Jamie

I run both 308 and NATO brass thru both my CETMEs and no issues yet.
    COG# 7K

Quote Originally Posted by Arkane View Post
    I have run nothing but cheap Wolf steel cased .308 through my Cetme. I suspect the Wolf is loaded a little light but I have had absolutely no problems with it other than it's really dirty.
    I have also run Wolf, and also Tula, with no issues yet in my two Cetmes.
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

Well over 1000 rds of .308 thru mine with 2 broken cases,,,,
    both were reloads & they both came out with a mop on the end of my cleaning rod'
    Bought a broken shell extractor from Brownells & it hasn't happened since
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow What a Ride"** ~ HUNTER S. THOMPSON

Assault is a Behavior, not a Gun or Device.