Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Future for Us Maybe???

The Future for Us Maybe???

I have given up all hope that the political class will ever balance the budget and it will get to the point we can not even pay the interest on our debt, let alone pay it off.
    There has already been some talk about nationalizing all retirement accounts (401Ks, etc) and putting the money under government control. The government
    burned thru all of the social security trust fund (leaving IOUs) and they need another large source of the people's money to tap into. I can see something like this
    happening here. A one time tax on all retirement accounts or all bank accounts if things get bad enough. Many justify a tax on retirement accounts saying
    no income tax was paid on the money and some of it should belong to the government anyway. I don't think Cyprus will be the last place this happens. Oh,
    that is what Argentine did when they went broke, seized retirement accounts.

EU finance ministers approve Cyprus bailout deal, funded by bank assets seizure

"Imagine waking up to find out that as much as 40 percent of the money you thought was safely deposited in the bank was seized, without your permission, to bail out a near-bankrupt government."

"That's just what thousands of large depositors in Cyprus woke up to Monday morning after European Union officials accepted a last-minute deal offered by the island's lawmakers to secure a $13 billion
    bailout to avert imminent financial meltdown."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/03...#ixzz2OTnYDU1v
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    I have given up all hope that the political class will ever balance the budget and it will get to the point we can not even pay the interest on our debt, let alone pay it off.
    There has already been some talk about nationalizing all retirement accounts (401Ks, etc) and putting the money under government control. The government
    burned thru all of the social security trust fund (leaving IOUs) and they need another large source of the people's money to tap into. I can see something like this
    happening here. A one time tax on all retirement accounts or all bank accounts if things get bad enough. Many justify a tax on retirement accounts saying
    no income tax was paid on the money and some of it should belong to the government anyway. I don't think Cyprus will be the last place this happens. Oh,
    that is what Argentine did when they went broke, seized retirement accounts.

EU finance ministers approve Cyprus bailout deal, funded by bank assets seizure

"Imagine waking up to find out that as much as 40 percent of the money you thought was safely deposited in the bank was seized, without your permission, to bail out a near-bankrupt government."

"That's just what thousands of large depositors in Cyprus woke up to Monday morning after European Union officials accepted a last-minute deal offered by the island's lawmakers to secure a $13 billion
    bailout to avert imminent financial meltdown."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/03...#ixzz2OTnYDU1v
    I'm affraid you might be right. I think they may be getting prepared for this inevitability. The DHS has been buying tons, literally, for a year or more. There is a big push for "more gun control" under the guise of "because of mass killings. This is something that they planned all along.
    Just because I'm paranoid dosen't mean I'm wrong.
    "Without gunpowder there can be no freedom!"
    -German-American proverb during the War of Independence

COG# 1961

This stuff isn't good! It doesn't just affect the country and it's people it affects the world. If it can happen there what would keep it from happening at other places?
    This will be the best security for maintaining our liberties. A nation of well-informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the religion of ignorance that tyranny begins.
    - Benjamin Franklin

When you need it and do not have it, you will be singing a different tune.

Whatever could give one the notion that our fine gov't. would juat grab up everyone's bucks.Entitlements are the real problem in our country...A gov't. believing it is entitled to every red cent the citizens possess. In the long term the dc parasite shall consume all wealth, and round up all of the power.
    Joe
    COG#1453

Imperial Marine Stormtrooper
    what good is it going to do us if we reach the point that they steal money from bank accounts? By then the dollar will be completely worthless anyway, and all that paper you have buried in the background is going to be completely worthless. That's why gold has become so expensive cause its still worth something overseas.

We have the ability to just print more money - they dont need your money
    they may very well try to take it, but they dont need it, just need to print more - how much has been printed since 2008?
    MFA King of Deleted Photos! I CANT SEE stuff

dhs stocking up. talk of all these fema camps. drones watching our every move. government going broke. where's the worry?

Quote Originally Posted by nonleathal View Post
    dhs stocking up. talk of all these fema camps. drones watching our every move. government going broke. where's the worry?
    This is the orchestra going down with the Titanic.
    "Without gunpowder there can be no freedom!"
    -German-American proverb during the War of Independence

COG# 1961

Quote Originally Posted by Perro Del Diablo View Post
    what good is it going to do us if we reach the point that they steal money from bank accounts? By then the dollar will be completely worthless anyway, and all that paper you have buried in the background is going to be completely worthless. That's why gold has become so expensive cause its still worth something overseas.

they may very well try to take it, but they dont need it, just need to print more - how much has been printed since 2008?
    Our government sells treasury bonds to borrow money. Usually think of the Chinese, Russians and others buying them as a safe place to store their money. I was shocked to learn that
    the Federal Reserve bought 80% of the Treasury bonds at a recent auction of them. In short, the left hand of the government is printing more money so the right hand can spend it.
    All the major currencies in the world are in some sort of trouble. They are all just paper, not backed by anything of value. At some point you print enough money it starts having
    no value, then wild inflation sets in. With all the major economies in the world now tied together it would be a worldwide financial collapse and it would not be pretty.
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Perro Del Diablo View Post

Perro,
    I agree, the government won't bother trying to sieze savings, but just how long until they delcare that the purchase or sale of gold bullion and coinage can be used to "de-stabilize" the economy? For the sake of "National Security" it must become a controled substance. They will then round up all of the bullion in private hands (with or without compensation) and make the posession of it prohibited (unless you can get a permit as a bank, or other lending association).

It will all be sold to us under the guise of "paying their fair share".
    Some people are like a slinky...

Not really good for anything, but fun to push down the stairs.

Well all i know is my mom turns 70 next year and they start taking 3% so it's not like they don't have a way already to double tax y not tripple up? etc.etc.
    Last edited by G; 03-25-2013 at 11:52 PM.
    Semper Fi