Thread: Glock 33 round magazines - a CO issue

Senior Veteran

Glock 33 round magazines - a CO issue

I'm having issues trying to find a 33 round factory glock magazine. Normally I would just wait, but this has very recently become a non-option since I live in CO and will soon be limited to 15 round mags (or perhaps worse depending on the interpretation).

Deadline is July 1st so I can be grandfathered. Does anyone know where I can buy a factory 33 round magazine or would you be willing to sell me one? I only need one, this is the "home defense gun".

Alternate question, would you trust a KCI 33 rounder?

I ordered a new KCI 33 round mag for my Glock some time back. I never could get more than 14-16 rds in it. No blockage or anything I could find, but you could not force more rounds into it.
    I sent it back.
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

Imperial Marine Stormtrooper
    i have a 33 rd KCI mag brand new i would sell for $40 plus shipping
    also have some of the surefire glock 17 50 round drums at $110.00 plus shipping.

Buck, you need to check inside at the seam where its welded. Alot of times the spot weld sticks up a small amount and needs a file taken to the spot weld to smooth it out some. Sometimes the seam is out of whack and needs smoothed.
    MFA King of Deleted Photos! I CANT SEE stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Perro Del Diablo View Post
    also have some of the surefire glock 17 50 round drums at $110.00 plus shipping.

Buck, you need to check inside at the seam where its welded. Alot of times the spot weld sticks up a small amount and needs a file taken to the spot weld to smooth it out some. Sometimes the seam is out of whack and needs smoothed.
    Probably something simple like that. I generally have good luck with the Korean made mags/drums
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

I have a couple Korean g17 mags that work fine. Haven't tested the 33rd ones but don't expect them to suck too bad.

Here are some for $20.
    https://hghuntingandtactical.myshopi...round-magazine

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Perro Del Diablo View Post

The KCI's are fairly available - I've heard mixed reviews of them (like above) so I'd like to get at least 1 OEM mag.

IMHO I have been mixed with the Koreans. My 40SW ones have been hit or miss with 3 of 5 needing to be filed internally to be acceptable, my 9mm ones have been decent all in the 33rd variety right out of the box. The 15rd ones have been more of a hassle that I stick with Factory for standard capacity and play with the koreans for extended range mags.

true story at one point my old shooting partner and I got some of the standard capacity korean mags knowing they were not "upto snuff" and we used them only at the range for use in clearance drills and the like. They can be made to work better by filing inside, replacing springs and the like but it defeats the purpose of them if you will be swapping internals so you should just get factory mags.
    Last edited by shibbykins; 03-31-2013 at 07:48 PM.
    COG# 1987

Veteran
    I dremeled the inside spot weld and smoothed the outside with a flap wheel. i noticed my KCI mags are a bit larger all around by .008 to .012 and that causes them not to drop and get stuck. I am just removing material till the point it works like factory mag. Buying them at 8 bucks in this mess, i think the elbow grease is well worth it imo...