Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama's approval rating dives

Obama's approval rating dives

Rather than OBAMA being empowered by not having to seek reelection I am beginning to think he is becoming a "Lame Duck". His approval rating has been dropping fast and this
    is the first time it has inched into the red. The old say "You can fool some of the people some of the time, but not all the people all of the time" might be coming true. I don't think
    his monthly vacations and constant campaigning vs staying home and doing some work are setting well with many folks. Dang, just noticed I accidently typed a "F" instead of a "D"
    in Duck, what was I thinking, got it corrected

Real Clear Politics Poll (current)
    Job Approval

Obama
    Approve --Disapprove Spread

47.4% -- 47.6% -0.2%
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

Good news. . . I suppose. It comes from some media source, so. . .

I won't be happy or raising my brew in a toast of celebration until his approval rating falls below 40%. (yea. . . like that will ever happen)
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing."~Edmund Burke

I never hear the news talking.about his approval rating. When G.W. was in office I would hear them talk about it three times a week. A coincident? I don't think so!

I believe Real Clear Politics takes all the poll averages and tend to be more accurate. I have seen nearly a 8 point drop in Obama's approval rating in the last 2-3 months.
    Several things indicate he is a weakened POTUS. He thought he would hammer the Republicans and get the budget he wanted on the sequester issue - didn't work that way.
    Turns out 80% of the Americans think the Government spends to much. He is loosing ground on the gun-ban issue, polls show instead of rallying support - support is actually
    going away. He decided to get involved in the U.N. gun control thing (negotiations). Before the last meeting was even over his Democrat controlled Senate slapped his
    hand and said no way, we are not going to be a party to it. The drone use on Americans issue didn't make him look very good either. Just some of things, there are others.
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

While I'm not surprised, I'm also guessing his poll numbers will surge if immigration reform passes.

Senior Veteran

This should probably go in the joke thread, but it seems apropos here too... stole it from the leverguns.com forum

Robot Bartender:
    Guy goes into a bar in Louisiana where there’s a robot bartender! The robot says, “What will you have?” The guy says, “Whiskey.” The robot brings back his drink and says to the man, “What’s your IQ?” The guy says,” 168.” The robot then proceeds to talk about physics, space exploration and medical technology.

The guy leaves, . . . but he is curious . . . So he goes back into the bar. The robot bartender says, “What will you have?” The guy says, “Whiskey.” Again, the robot brings the man his drink and says, “What’s your IQ?” The guy says, “100.” The robot then starts to talk about Nascar, Budweiser, the Saints and LSU Tigers

The guy leaves, but finds it very interesting, so he thinks he will try it one more time. He goes back into the bar. The robot says, “What will you have?” The guy says, “Whiskey,” and the robot brings him his whiskey. The robot then says, “What’s your IQ?” The guy says, “Uh, about 50.”

The robot leans in real close and says, “SO, . . . you people . . . still happy . . . with Obama?”

The "shiny" has worn off of the first black president. Now, folks, that's just calling a duck a duck. (I did NOT accidentally use an "F".) The media is slow to condemn the person whom they, no doubt, played a huge role in getting elected even though they do begin to realize it was an enormous mistake. Why? To do so is to admit the facts that they were biased, as well as hugely mistaken. To do so is to incur the wrath of the populace upon themselves, as well as the economic problems that would cause them. His original campaign slogan was, itself, a testimony to the fact that they were seeing what they could get away with, and We, the People are tired of it. They know it, but NOW he has to try to justify himself before the torches and pitchforks come out. I wonder what grand gesture will come from 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue in the near future in an attempt to raise his numbers and justify his glorious lack of leadership and, apparently, concern about the every day American citizen. I catch myself speculating on what that gesture might be. The die-hard Obama worshippers wont be swayed if you show them pictures of Obama kicking an AIDS baby but they are NOT as numerous as the left had hoped. Unfortunately, there are still some unbelievably stupid people in this country who really, truly think he is trying to do good. Makes you proud, doesn't it?
    USMC Uncle Sam's Misguided Children

Arkansas. up in the Northwest corner that is home of WalMart, Tyson Foods, and J.B.Hunt.
    I do not understand O's drop in approval ratings. His rating with me has not changed a bit.

btw, NICE, Brewskzilla. I like your way with words.
    The die-hard Obama worshippers wont be swayed if you show them pictures of Obama kicking an AIDS baby ...
    Time for the book "The Decline and Fall of the United States of America?"

For years I have NOT been able to figure out just exactly where, when and how these alleged "polls" are being taken?

With more than five decades under my belt, and having lived all over the country, I have never once heard of or been approached with taking a poll about anything.

It's all bizarro to me.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing."~Edmund Burke

Jeeze... lighten up on the guy... he could only make 2 out of 22 free throws the other day and some 10 year old kicked his buttocks on the court. Cold man... real cold.
    COG # 1066