Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Executive Actions...

Howie
    COG#20
    COA #1048
    NRA
    GOA
    EIEIO

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"
    -- George Washington

Imperial Marine Stormtrooper
    knew it would only be a matter of time till they started going after trust transfers
    MFA King of Deleted Photos! I CANT SEE stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Perro Del Diablo View Post
    knew it would only be a matter of time till they started going after trust transfers
    And that is why I wat that kinda stuff in my name. I am still waiting for them to take iff the cleo sign off requirement or at least stop them from arbitrarily deny stuff.
    This will be the best security for maintaining our liberties. A nation of well-informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the religion of ignorance that tyranny begins.
    - Benjamin Franklin

When you need it and do not have it, you will be singing a different tune.

And I guess thats it for the Korean Garands and M1 cabines that State has been blocking. Cripes.

"One new policy will end a government practice that lets military weapons, sold or donated by the U.S. to allies, be reimported into the U.S. by private entities, where some may end up on the streets. The White House said the U.S. has approved 250,000 of those guns to be reimported since 2005; under the new policy, only museums and a few other entities like the government will be eligible to reimport military-grade firearms."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...#ixzz2aQz4XOVF

Also, check the header in the AP story... Obama 'offers' new gun control steps. Don't you mean, Obama 'dictates' new gun control steps?
    Last edited by seasmoke; 08-29-2013 at 11:11 AM.
    METUS EST PLENUS TYRANNIS

COG#2011

I am just wondering when the last time a properly registered NFA item(trust route or CLEO sign off) was used in a crime......
    COG# 7K

Obama. going after trust transfers and banning milsurp imports is not surprising. IMHO as he gets weaker I think we will increasingly see him go for broke and/or flaunt the law to push his antigun
    agenda. He has nothing to loose.

Quote Originally Posted by backwoodsshooter View Post
    I am just wondering when the last time a properly registered NFA item(trust route or CLEO sign off) was used in a crime......
    I have read there is only one documented case of any registered weapons being used in a crime since 1938/68 laws were enacted. I have not verified that.
    Last edited by Buckshot; 08-29-2013 at 11:21 AM.
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    I have read there is only one documented case of any registered weapons being used in a crime since 1938/68 laws were enacted. I have not verified that.
    I have read that many times too, or similar, like this:

"An interesting and widely unknown fact, since the NFA went into effect in 1934, there has only been ONE, yes, ONE single felony committed in the whole United States since 1934 that involved a legally registered NFA firearm. And it was committed ironically by a crooked police officer who went to a drug house and shot someone on the premises. He used his legally acquired UZI sub machinegun to commit the crime. You hear all the time of machineguns and sawed off shotguns in the news but these have all been by individuals possessing an illegal, non registered weapon. There are millions of records of legally owned entries on the NFA registry too, so it’s not like we’re talking just a few hundred or thousand potential individuals."
    http://www.slgunshop.com/nfa-class-iii-weapons

but I don't know any way of verifying it. I've tried googling a good refrence... but no luck.
    "All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent." - Thomas Jefferson

"Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty." - Wendell Phillips

“Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.” William Penn

Obama. going after trust transfers and banning milsurp imports is not surprising. IMHO as he gets weaker I think we will increasingly see him go for broke and/or flaunt the law to push his antigun
    agenda. He has nothing to loose..

That makes alot of sense. and since you said it, it puts alot of stuff inot perspective

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyhatty View Post
    I have read that many times too, or similar, like this:

"An interesting and widely unknown fact, since the NFA went into effect in 1934, there has only been ONE, yes, ONE single felony committed in the whole United States since 1934 that involved a legally registered NFA firearm. And it was committed ironically by a crooked police officer who went to a drug house and shot someone on the premises. He used his legally acquired UZI sub machinegun to commit the crime. You hear all the time of machineguns and sawed off shotguns in the news but these have all been by individuals possessing an illegal, non registered weapon. There are millions of records of legally owned entries on the NFA registry too, so it’s not like we’re talking just a few hundred or thousand potential individuals."
    http://www.slgunshop.com/nfa-class-iii-weapons

but I don't know any way of verifying it. I've tried googling a good refrence... but no luck.
    Thanks gentlemen for the info. I had a feeling its wasnt that many but they dont see it that way.
    COG# 7K

Quote Originally Posted by Perro Del Diablo View Post
    well yeah, five minutes after Lanza killed his mom, he INHERITED the rest of her weapons .... liberal reasoning, duh!
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.Ben Franklin.. 1775

Arkansas. up in the Northwest corner that is home of WalMart, Tyson Foods, and J.B.Hunt.
    ANY meaningless new control measure (one that does not have any effect on violent crime) is better than NO new gun control measures, in the eyes of bozo Biden and Mr. President.

The fact that trust NFA guns and re-imported 60-year-old milsurp rifles are simply not used in crime is totally irrelevant to the controllers.

They do it, the base applauds it, Mr. President's creds as a gun-banner are renewed.
    Time for the book "The Decline and Fall of the United States of America?"