Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M-1 Carbine,,,,,, Well Almost

M-1 Carbine,,,,,, Well Almost

I got offered an Inland M-1 carbine the other day for a very nice price but the bore was ugly so I went to a friend's shop to ask his advice, he said that from what I described it had alot of tracers through it & unless I just "had to have it" steer clear.
    After being kind of disappointed about the carbine, I hung out talking until Fed Ex & UPS both showed up & he got swamped, so being the good friend that I am I helped him price & shelve everything.
    I was lusting after some different models of 10/22 when this Remington showed up,,,,,
    I got it out of his way as soon as he checked it in LOL
    Thumper Remington 597 16.5in Bull 002.jpg
    I call her "Thumper"
    LOL
    Thumper Remington 597 16.5in Bull 003.jpg
    Rem 597 LR HB
    16.5" Bull Barrel OD Green Composite Stock
    Bushnell 6x24x40 scope with Millet rings
    I haven't forgotten the carbine
    but it just wasn't such a good deal when you add in the cost of a barrel swap
    I think I might be able to get over the M-1 with this,,,,
    Please say a prayer for me
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow What a Ride"** ~ HUNTER S. THOMPSON

Assault is a Behavior, not a Gun or Device.

Nice looking remmy. I bet she is going to be a little tack driver. Get a range report to us as soon as you can. Oh and a little prayer sent. Good luck.
    For those who fought for it, freedom holds a flavor the protected will never know. Those who hammer their guns into plows-will plow for those who do not. Thomas Jefferson

Thx Guy
    I put 40 thru her yesterday afternoon,,, after I knocked the target over with repeated hits on a stuck spinner
    I literally drove the spinner into the dirt with repeated hits to it's 1/4in thick edge

and then the rain came,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow What a Ride"** ~ HUNTER S. THOMPSON

Quote Originally Posted by hunkyfish View Post
    I got offered an Inland M-1 carbine the other day for a very nice price but the bore was ugly so I went to a friend's shop to ask his advice, he said that from what I described it had alot of tracers through it
    that is a myth, that will not go away, it just gets perpetuated. tracers do not ignite in the barrel, they ignite clear of the barrel. if the barrel was bad, it was due to neglect and a lot of rounds down it, not by any tracers
    Last edited by Ghoulardi; 09-20-2013 at 03:53 PM.
    STAY SICK! AND TURN BLUE OVA-DEY!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulardi View Post
    that is a myth, that will not go away, it just gets perpetuated. tracers do not ignite in the barrel, they ignite clear of the barrel. if the barrel was bad, it was due to neglect and a lot of rounds down it, not by any tracers
    That's kinda what I thought,,, but I wasn't gonna argue with him, he helps me out waaaaaay too much

I ended up getting the Rem for the same price as a base-line Ruger & with scope, rings, sling swivels, bag & 100rds of Rem Golden bullets,,,, about what I would've spent on the Carbine
    The GBs seem to be slightly more accurate than the Fed bulk or Fed match, didn't have much time as I was running out of daylight,,, wanna try some CCIs this morning if I can get out before the rain sets in
    Last edited by hunkyfish; 09-21-2013 at 06:55 AM.

Imperial Marine Stormtrooper
    better yet, that Remington has a 5R barrel in it
    MFA King of Deleted Photos! I CANT SEE stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Perro Del Diablo View Post
    better yet, that Remington has a 5R barrel in it
    ?????

Ah ha,,,
    found it
    Thx Perro
    Last edited by hunkyfish; 09-21-2013 at 10:11 AM.

I have some Rem Golden bullets that are either great or horrible in ignition depending on batch umber. I have an old Rem heavy barrel and love the accuracy of it. That barrel looks heavier than my mini14, but then the Ruger is just a .22, right?
    RRRROOOWWWRRR PHHT PHHT I AM THE FORCE!

Yup Nevada
    just .22 but alot of fun
    I don't think I've ever shot the Golden bullets before, gotta pile of Federal
    my SA-22 Browning is easier to clean but I don't wanna beat it up hauling it around the woods
    I might even look into getting the barrel threaded for an insert to attach a suppressor for quiet backyard shooting,,,
    if I can afford the tax stamp next summer

33 yd targets
    centers are 30rd groups testing new mags for function
    & 10rd groups on edges shooting out staples
    Rem 597 sight in.jpg