Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Random Toyota question...

Senior Veteran

Random Toyota question...

Hello again everyone. Car shopping , and started looking at the option of new vs used since I have excellent credit and I am tired of cars blowing up on me at inconvenient times.

Currently due to test drives and friend referrals I am looking mostly at Nissan or Toyota. On Nissan I have a friend that can get me their "friends and family discount", but there is a Toyota or two that's catching my eye too. So I was wondering if anyone had any sorts of deals or secret handshakes I should try to get a better deal or price.

Thanks,

-E

We have had a couple of Nissan's and just wore them out. 10-12 years on each of them. Sold them, and the people that bought them are still driving them around town. Maybe another 10-12 years on each of them.

I prefer a GM vehicle, when traveling and if you have problems there is usually a dealer close by. We have gotten a lot of miles on the Suburbans We have a almost new one now. The last one we sold had 200,000+ miles on it and the family that bought it is still driving it.

Everyone may like something different. Just buy what you like and can afford.

IMHO
    Ron
    31B

Senior Veteran

The only way to get the best price is to be 100% prepared to walk away, knowing that there are tons of cars out there for you to buy. I hate buying cars!

Senior Veteran
    Might I suggest going to the next StarFleet surplus auction and picking up a refurbished transporter unit. No more automotive breakdowns, no worries about fuel mileage, none of that sort of stuff. Granted, you may have to recharge the dilithium crystals, periodically, but, hey, it beats waiting for parts to get to the dealership.
    Just a random suggestion!
    Always Remember........
    Yankees-1 Confederates-0 Halftime

If you have a trade in go check that new Mercedes Benz out.$29000 and it's a honey.

Only suggestion I would have is to ask your mechanic his opinion on the cars your looking at. If ya buy used have it checked out first. And remember every car is a piece of crap, their just different levels of crap.
    Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.- Thomas Paine, Common Sense 1776

Senior Veteran
    Bad Monkey, my mechanic is great about that. He has already turned downs subaru that another "mechanic" was trying to sell, he is very attentive to detail. And I take him Crown Royale.

Rice Paddy, not likely to get much for my old car, as it decided to blow the engine. We are debating taking it out and using it for target practice after we strip it down a bit...

Poppa, the trouble is they would want to demil the phasers and torpedoes, and those focusing beam alignments can be a real pain when rebuilding...

Jdowney I agree, but I am in a bit of a time crunch. It does factor that the guys at the local range are pretty supportive of the Toyota salesman, he is also a shooter. So we have some common ground other than just the car questions. And I don't think my local gunshop crew wants me to overspend at the car dealerships because then I might spend less with them...

Planning thanks for the input on nissan and gm. I guess partly I have less people locally suggesting GM, could just be a presence in the area thing. Nissan is huge here since we have a plant for them.
    Last edited by Enigma Nostra; 09-25-2013 at 07:54 AM.

cant go wrong with a toyota or nissans.
    IS THERE A SECTION FOR MY DEATH STAR ON MILITARYFIREARM.COM?

I picked up a 2013 Altima and have about 9000 miles on it. Very nice car and get about 31mpg on the road. For a 4 cylinder I am surprised at the amount of acceleration that thing has. Main thing I made sure of is it has a timing chain and not a belt. Had a 240Z I parked after about 300,000 miles. I was told they have high nickel content in the blocks and that is why they would last.

Toyota and nissan both make decent cars...dont rule out honda kia or hyundai.
    I would not buy new as to much value is lost just driving of the showroom floor.
    Try to find a CERTIFIED used....that the waranty transfers on.
    Atb mick.
    If its to bright....call ELLIOT LUCAS.!