Thread: Carbine Stock fit issue...

Carbine Stock fit issue...

I'm assembling another CAR and I had a take off RRA carbine stock I decided to use. It's a commercial spec. I had to order a commercial tube and when it arrived I could not get the stock to slide over the tube..I noticed inside the stock two "tabs" that were molded way down into the stock close to the adjuster evidentially to make the "fit" tight-er...well they would not allow the stock to slide on all the way at all...

I was able to file them out and fit is perfect now.

Anyone know if this is common to RRA or commercial stocks in general? I have never run into this before....

(I tried a MilSpec buffer tube too which is smaller OD and it wouldn't go in either)

Weird.....
    "Listen With Your Eyes"
    Wit, Grit, Courage and Determination

I have found that there is so much variance in AR parts now.

It use to be you could get a part here, a part there and every thing fit just fine.

There seem to be a lot of foreign parts coming in now. Some of it is fake stuff with U.S. company names on it.

I got 3 early (Retro) stock a week or so ago and it looks like cheap foreign plastic junk ( not composite).
    I don't know what country it came from.
    I think I will put them on some 22LR builds that I have been gathering parts for.

I have been buying parts off of GUNBROKER for a while and the last 3 or 4 items were not as advertised.
    It is more hassle to send it back, I just quit buying from GB for a while.

I quit buying from PSA with so many people still getting bad stuff or not what they ordered. Again it is not worth the hassle to send it back. YEA! they will take it back and send good stuff, but that is................never mind.

I think I am just about thru buying for a while, until some of this settles down.

Ron
    31B

Arkansas. up in the Northwest corner that is home of WalMart, Tyson Foods, and J.B.Hunt.
    Could it be a compliance stock for a state that does not allow collapsibles? Would it go on the rear end of the tube as far as the last adjustment hole? Glad you figured out how to make it usable.
    Time for the book "The Decline and Fall of the United States of America?"

Quote Originally Posted by mitchstoner View Post
    Could it be a compliance stock for a state that does not allow collapsibles? Would it go on the rear end of the tube as far as the last adjustment hole? Glad you figured out how to make it usable.
    No wouldn't be a compliance stock...I know where it came from as a take off....Just weird "tabs" inside it....they were very small but big enough to halt a free play in the adjustment feature......I can't figure out whey they would be on/in there as it should hamper the use of any buffer tube as I tried a commercial and a mil spec tubes and neither would fit till I removed the tabs....I think it has something to do with it being a RRA stock...? don't know...
    "Listen With Your Eyes"
    Wit, Grit, Courage and Determination