Thread: I'm Stumped !,...... I'm yelling "UNCLE !"

I'm Stumped !,...... I'm yelling "UNCLE !"

Alright, I'm the guy that hated to pull over for directions !,..... (Much to my wife's displeasure). Those days are gone,.... Now I have a GPS,.... How ironic is it to now have a woman's voice telling me where to go, and how to turn ?...... It just keeps chipping away at ones feeling of manhood and independence.... Being of the generation that is just about to round third base and head for home, Tasks that I could do all by myself as a young man, I can still do, But it's with a far higher level of exertion. So I occasionally I am forced to ask for help.

It's with this in mind that I unwillingly post this thread,...... A few months ago I had a HK-91 clone with a aluminum FAPSG1 receiver come in on trade at a gun show,.... The guy said "Yep ! Shoots and cycles perfect!,.... You'll love it !"... Well before I got it home, one of my sons laid claim to it,. And after much figuring and re-figuring on a trade, I came out on the short end of the stick and lost my butt on the deal... (Fatherhood can be a strange and wonderful thing).

Well,..... We took it out to the Gravel Pit to give it a go a few weeks ago,... Fired the ten rounds we loaded in the Mag flawlessly,.... Reloaded the Mag with another ten rounds, Fired the first round, extracted the empty casing Back over the magazine dropped it into the receiver, under the bolt and over the trigger group.

Had to pull the trigger group to remove the empty casing,.... Tried it again, same results... I took it home scrubbed it, cleaned it, spent a lot of time on the inside of the receiver reducing the gritty friction feeling of the action. took it out today...... fired and cycled the first round, However the next round ended in the same jamb failure results,.... I had taken a very close look at the ejection lever and didn't see anything amiss,.... But this is the only thing I can think of that would cause this failure... ( This has happened with surplus Ball ammo, and everything else we have tried, today was Surplus ammo and then Tul)

So,.... here I am pulling over for directions,..... Have any of you guys experienced this kind of jamb failure ?.... Am I on the right track ?... or am I missing something ?...... In the back of my head I can hear my GPS lady saying "Re-routing" in her snippy tone......

Help ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A Sinner saved by Grace,... EPH. 2: 8-9

When it did extract did the brass fly a mile. Have you checked the extractor spring
    clark COG#148 ,ar15,ak,sks,beretta neos, windicator,girsan 1911,others.

Is the ejector rwideing all the way up in the bolt head
    clark COG#148 ,ar15,ak,sks,beretta neos, windicator,girsan 1911,others.

If I understand correctly the extractor is holding the cartridge just fine until the bolt pulls the cartridge past the ejector (over the top of the ejector). Once past, the ejector tips up and knocks the case out of the bolt face where it wedges between the two. In that case your ejector isn't pivoting up high enough into the bolt groove.

My first thought after reading the story was that the shelf that your ejector sits in has spread open and is allowing the ejector to move sloppily side to side and it's missing the groove under the bolt head. Not in the groove = no ejection. Pull your trigger pack and check the ejector pivot and shelf. Use some pliers to take ay side slop out of the shelf and make sure the ejector moves freely. While you're at it, pull the ejector out and lay it on a flat surface to make sure it isn't bent. If it is, straighten it out before reassembly.

Super Moderator
    Just a wild guess, but I imagine that your bolt group is travelling too far back and allowing the rear end of the ejector to rise up between the bolt head and the carrier. This will allow the front of the ejector to drop down and let the cspent cartridge to fall in and jam things up.

The ejector should not pass that far forward of the bolt face in recoil.

photos of the buttstock on and off of the receiver and of the trigger group removed from the grip frema please.
    Some people are like a slinky...

Not really good for anything, but fun to push down the stairs.